Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Has anyone had a implantable loop recorder fitted?
  • cheers_drive

I’m having one fitted on Monday in order to finally capture the irregular heart beats I have. Problem is I’m off to Munich for the Ocktoberfest 4 days afterwards. I asked the hospital and they said it should be ok but the person I spoke to sounded a little uncertain.
    Interested to know other people’s experiences?

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

What are you uncertain about? Going on booze session? I have a pacemaker. I certainly wouldn’t be going on a heavy boizing session after having that. I would suggest they told you to rest and recover after the op. A sensible and responsible approach.

jools182
    Free Member

I had one fitted

It’s about the size of a USB stick

It’ll be fine unless you’re getting pissed and falling over….. 😀

codybrennan
    Free Member

You’ll be fine. Its there to catch the oddness that’s going on, and that could happen at any time, any where. Alcohol would be unlikely to have much effect on whatever it is that’s affecting you.*

*IANAD.

cheers_drive

Oktoberfest was planned in January and I didn’t want to postpone the date when the appointment was arranged a few weeks back as a) it had already been 11 months since asking my doctor to be refered b) my wife’s due to give birth in 3 weeks so an operation after that will be tricky.
    I’m sure the drinking won’t be a problem but I’m worried about being too uncomfortable to enjoy myself.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone had a implantable loop recorder fitted?’ is closed to new replies.