Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Has anyone got / tried the Karrimor Airspace rucksacks?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi Chaps,

I’m after a new day sack for walking, I was going to buy a Osprey Stratos 26, as my missus has one, and it’s great.

I’ve seen the Karrimor Airspace 26, which looks very similar and well made. Has anyone got one, or similar with the Airspace tech?

Cheers

Ricks

rickon
    Free Member

I hate non-replied to threads, in case anyone Google’s this in future…

I went to SportsDirect to check out the Karrimor sack, it was pretty poor quality, the nylon on the stuff sack at the head was thin, and the rest felt very dated.

I tried on a few sacks, Osprey, Deuter, Berghaus, Lowe Alpine, Salewa…

The Osprey Stratos 26 was by far the nicest, and comfiest – but was £80, and £60 online with postage.

The Lowe Alpine I tried on was the Yokton 35, it was almost of the same quality as the Osprey, a little lighter and a bit bigger, with some nice features – but a less complicated back.

I got it reduced from Tiso for £34, it’s £70 rrp, but can be had for £55+postage online. So a bargain.

So in summary… Karrimor… not for me, and not worth £45 in the sale, and certainly not £70.

kcal

that’s a shame – always liked Karrimor stuff but I’m aware is had kind of priced itself lower — still got a 30l KS-100 Hot Ice (winter version of Hot Rock I think) sack – I can recall buying it in Glasgow, 1980..

bit faded, but bomb-proof..

Oh, and my original (the dark green) KSBs, lovely walking boots.

dknwhy

I just got one of their hot rock 30 rucksacks and I’m really pleased with it.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Note that the current Karrimor brand was bought out and has no ties as far as I am aware to the good old Karrimor from deepest Accrington!

Remember the days when you were either a Karrimor or a Berghaus man?

Cheap and cheerful these days. Running tops are ok, but I would avoid much of the rest.

keefmac

used to really like Karrimor stuff and still have a great down parka from 1999. had a hot30 daysack too but thats gone now, lasted a good ten years though. guess the quality went down once the name was sold on, seen some of their stuff in sports direct and it just strikes me as cheap tat now.

angeldust
    Free Member

Karrimor is now a budget SportsDirect own brand, so don’t expect it to be any good.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I got a £30 softshell jacket and its been good so far. A couple of threads started to cone away but the seams are double stitched and still fine. Also got some fleece lined combat trousers for work which I’m liking so far. I’ve come to the conclusion that paying more is no guarantee of better quality. Saying that I am thinking twice about whether to try one of the Karrimor event jackets.

kcal

Stuff just was more durable though eh?
    I’ve still got (am wearing now) a Rohan fleece pullover – Khombo. Zip has gone a bit (lost a couple of teeth, like me) but otherwise utterly great, have had that since — mid 1990s. So coming on for 20 years old, absolutely functional..

martymac

i am currently using a karrimor urban 30 to carry work stuff, and one of the zips (ironically the least used one) has suddenly become very stiff.
    not the quality they once were.
    along with almost everything else it seems.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone got / tried the Karrimor Airspace rucksacks?’ is closed to new replies.