Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Has anyone got a Bionicon or thoughts about them
  • kwack
    Free Member

Saw these advertised in back of a magazine and looking at their website seems like a good idea and original.

Anyone got one or had experience of them

Kwack

FuzzyWuzzy

Not got one as I was put off by proprietary forks and shock, IMO it's a good concept but until they've gotten a good track record in reliability then it's just too much of a risk.

epicyclo

FuzzyWuzzy – Member
    Not got one as I was put off by proprietary forks and shock…

But that's what they need to do what they do. Can't buy that stuff off the shelf – yet.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Great concept, well executed and nice guy (Roger) who does the support.
    If you want an adjustable suspension system, it is the least complicated, most effective, easy to use system.
    My shortlist got down to a Meta, remedy or Bionicon Edison. What put me off in the end was the infinite adjustability. If you are doing a lot of climbing & descending it is great, puts you in the ideal position for each. But for flatter sections you have to pick a position in the middle somewhere, and it's a bit fiddly. There's no reference to tell you where you are in the range, so it will always vary slightly. I went for a normal full sus in the end as I thought I could do with the predictability!

oxym0r0n

Someone I ride regularly with has one – it has been back to have the shocks serviced about 3 times.

Having said that, he loves it and is a bit ham fisted when it comes to wrenching!

jfeb
    Free Member

I have test ridden the GW and Edison a few times and I think they are great. Adjusting the travel/angles becomes second nature in no time and the suspension felt perfectly well dampened to me, but I am mainly a hardtail ridder. I didn't buy one because I really wanted a Blur 4X, which I bought instead. If I were in the market for an all-round bike, one of these would definitely be on the short list. If you are even slightly interested in one I would suggest getting a demo ride.

dave360

If only there was a magazine that had recently had a Bionicon on long term test so that you could read all about it in an erudite yet witty style.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone got a Bionicon or thoughts about them’ is closed to new replies.