Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Has anyone got a 08 rocky mountain etsx50
  • addicted2tailwind
    Free Member

Has anyone got a 08 rocky mountain etsx50? if so whats it like?

tommytowtruck

Not exactly the same but I have a 2007 ETSX 30 – i’m guessing it’s the same frame, but mine doesn’t have the carbon swingarm? I’ve been pretty impressed with it. My previous bike was a Giant NRS which I switched some parts over from. It’s certainly heavier than the NRS but climbs as well, if not better, and I find the extra travel gives me more confidence on the downs. The finish and paintwork are great – the only downside i’d say is the lower spec of kit compared to other bikes at the same price.

I haven’t had mine long but am loving it so far – if you can get a 2008 model for a good price i’d go for it.

addicted2tailwind
    Free Member

Thanks alot. Yeah the 30 is the same bar the carbon swing arm on the 50. I think the specs are lower because the frames are so nice! cheers for your advice. can’t wait to get it! lol.

crispybacon
    Free Member

Yep I’ve got one – see pic below. IMHO it’s a great all mountain bike – i’ve just got to learn how to ride it properly 😀

It is a very versatile bike which climbs well & descends even better. The kit on it is top notch Fox TALAS forks 100/120/140mm & RP23 shock, Raceface bars/seatpost/stem/cranks, Mavic Cross ride wheel set, Formula ORO K24 brakes. I’ve changed the WTB tyres to something more UK trail friendly & put on a saddle from my old bike (the WTB Shadow was too hard on my delicate posterior).

I’ve ridden my bike on Dartmoor, Haldon, Exmoor, Afan, Cwm Carn & the Brecon Beacons with no mechanical breakdowns or issues. I’ve done all day epics which on this bike is a lot easier on the body than a HT. I can honestly say I love my ETSX50 – just don’t tell the wife :o)

If you can I would suggest you try to have a test ride on the bike before you buy just to see if you like it.

bear-uk
    Free Member

Got a 90 and think it will easily out perform the old git trying to ride it.

domino

Not got the ’08, mine is a little older but its a good excuse to post a piccie

addicted2tailwind
    Free Member

yeah think am goin to arange a test ride first. But it looks awesome in your pic. I did’nt no they done a 90 bear.

bear-uk
    Free Member

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c60/bear-uk/DSC01170.jpg.
    Its maybe around 5 years old now. Supposed to be the top of the range race frame?
    Just fitted some revs. and its a great bit of kit.

crispybacon
    Free Member

& just in case you had ‘err forgotten what my bike looks like …… enjoy 🙂

[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2048/2316470159_8f958cff96_b.jpg[/img]

titaniumtit
    Free Member

lex’s might have one.

they had them at knock down prices too iirc.

MrFannay
    Free Member

Just got one last week and got £700 off it!… which was nice.
    Climbs superb, frame quality is amazing, love the way you can change the rear travel 4,4.5,5″….think 4.5″ works best.
    Oh and propedal is hardly used coz it doesn’t ‘bob’ unless out the saddle..soo smooth.

Love it.

crispybacon
    Free Member

don’t be shy MrFannay lets see a picture of your new bike then 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone got a 08 rocky mountain etsx50’ is closed to new replies.