Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Has anyone fine from a large Spesh Enduro to a large Capra?
  • The Enduro being a long bike and the Capra being a short bike…

If so, how did you get on with the sizing?

br
    Free Member

No idea, but had a go on a mates new large Capra yesterday, and at 6’2″ and long legs it wasn’t big enough.

Would need a longer seatpost (than a long Reverb) and not enough ‘breathing’ space for climbs etc.

He’s 6′ and went from an 18″ Orange 5 – fits him well though.

Hmmm, I’m 6ft, but long legs and short torso. I always have acres of seat post, which in turn makes the front low. Took me ages to get the perfect set up on the Enduro.

You’d think a short bike might suit my reach, but because I sit so high, the long bike seems to suit with a short stem. Might have to wait and see if they decide to do an XL

br
    Free Member

Your build sounds like his, and as long as you are comfortable with a high saddle / low bar you may be ok…

That’s the thing – I’m not, hence the high front end on my Enduro….

[url=https://flic.kr/p/oe3Aci]Untitled[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

waldo1
    Free Member

I’ve had a 26,27.5 and 29 enduros.I’m now on a large capra. The capra is bigger than all of them. Fact.
    I’m just under 6ft on a large capra.
    All my enduros bar one medium 26 I had were large.

The reason people think that the capra is small is because of the steep seat tube angle. It helps keep the weight over the front whilst climbing.

br
    Free Member

The Capra in question:

Setup for 6′ with long legs.

Cheers – that looks to small for me – similar amount of post showing and the front looks way too low for my liking

edit

wrong thread

dlr

Hmm likewise for me

B R: Could you do a massive favour, get the bike as vertical as possible ie on the verge of tipping over sideways, measure the vertical height from the top of your grips to the floor and then the bottom bracket height ie centre of spindle to the floor. I do run my seat quite low so a large might work for me.

Looks like you have a single 5mm spacer on the stem so could go up slightly more? Shame they don’t leave more tube

Looks great btw, colours I would pick. Have you weighed it?

cheers

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Just get some high rise bars, eg some 50mm Spanks or 40mm Renthals if the front end is to low and you don’t have enough steerer left. Maybe a stem with more rise as well.

br
    Free Member

dlr

Sorry not mine, but a pal that had posted on FB and which I had a spin on.

I’d guess at 30lbs give or take a pound, as it felt slightly heavier than my bike.

dlr

No worries, I think it would be and there are options as Tom says 🙂

Robz
    Free Member

I’m 5 10 on a large Capra. It is not a short bike in reach.

It’s perfect for me and noticeably larger than any of my former bikes.

Love it.

They do need an XL in the range though.

matther01
    Free Member

Think they’re doing an XL ALU version later in the year. Met a guy yesterday who was 6’+ with a Capra and reckoned his large was perfect. Granted I didn’t ask him his inside leg measurement!

Robz
    Free Member

It would be easy for someone well over 6ft to get the seat high enough for the correct leg extension.

The reach on the other hand us not do adjustable. You don’t want a long stem in a bike like this

dlr

The reach on a Large Capra is 2mm more than a Large 650b Enduro…..I don’t see threads about Enduro’s being too short reach wise to ride but loads of comments about Capra’s then the owners of them point out they are infact fine and “normal” 🙂 They don’t do an XL 650b Enduro either…

granny_ring

I feel your pain OP, it’s right pain in the arse having longer legs & short torso and getting a bike to fit.
    I’ve had the same problem of getting the top tube about right and the front end being too low.

tomaso
    Free Member

I find my large Enduro 29er a wee bit short compared to the large Pitch it replaced. The Pitch was at times a little short too, so I am cautious with the large Capra and want the pro used XL.

partickbateman
    Free Member

Robz, what do you make of the FCV Deville? Much difference?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone fine from a large Spesh Enduro to a large Capra?’ is closed to new replies.