Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Has anyone elses TV reception gone bad in the good weather?
  • cheers_drive

Our TV reception has been getting steadily worse for a week now and is now unwatchable on most channels and we can’t even get BBC.

Rather annoying as we decided to ditch Virgin for a Humax Freeview+ box not so long ago.

Yes I know I should be out there riding instead of watching TV but Mrs CD is not happy and therefore I’m not able to be either.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

No problems with the TV as its on cable but I always seem to have reception problems with my digital radio in good weather!

ThePinkster

Not noticed anything recently but there again I’m not watching TV much at the moment – too busy in the garage/garden cleaning, dismantling, rebuilding & riding bikes or walking the dog.

cheers_drive

I’ve just spoken to my neighbours and their reception is fine so time to ring the TV aerial man so he can do some teeth sucking

shadthebad
    Free Member

It could be that 4G has been turned on in your area. Have a Google, “they” should fix it for free.

just5minutes
    Free Member

shadthebad is right – head over to the at800 website to check if 4g at 800Mhz has been turned on in your area. If so you’ll have received a filter through the post – connect it to the back of your freeview set top box and job done.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Its the weather. I’m out in the dales and our radio goes awful in this weather, chaising the frequency about and lots of interference from other stations that are drifting off their bandwidth. I really doubt we have 4G.

yoshimi

Yep – 4g is prob the cause – I had a similar issue – you can get a filter for free – check out the links above

yoshimi

Its more about the 4g switch over and something to do with reorganizing the frequencies (I think) – doesn’t matter if you have 4g or not

cheers_drive

Thanks, we’ve not had any filter through the post but I’ve contacted AT800 anyway.

cheers_drive

And they’ve replied saying it’s not 4G causing it 😐

nixie

Any trees in the aerial path?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone elses TV reception gone bad in the good weather?’ is closed to new replies.