Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Has anyone done a 30 day test ride with Wiggle?
  • Jamie
    Free Member

I am currently considering getting a CX bike. To be honest, where I am living at the moment it is probably the only bike I would need. The thing is I am not 100% sure so was going to take advantage of Wiggles 30 day trial on a Focus Mares AX 3.0 105.

Has anyone done this with Wiggle and returned the bike if it didn’t work out? And is it really as painless as they make out?

Cheers.

project
    Free Member

Met the sales chap at the catton park race last year, he said just pay for it , get it delivered and ride and enjoy it, if you dont like it send it back , we will pick it up free he said, and give you a refund, seemed a really good offer, and weirdly just been reading up about the scheme tonight and its as he said.

Pity i cant have another bike due to a tory cash flow crisis.

Jamie
    Free Member

Ok, cheers for that. Was just worried it might be like trying to get a deposit back on a flat from a shifty landlord, if you decided the bike wasn’t for you.

I bought an ex demo bike from Wiggle.
    I don’t think they do demo bikes in the conventional sense, so I assumed it was one that someone else had returned within 30 days, like the 38 bikes here. http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ex-demo-bikes
    Going by the condition of the bike and the way it was packaged, if they had told me it was brand new, I wouldn’t have doubted them.

Considering the number of times you hear people complaining about having to pay for a test ride at an LBS, I’m surprised more people don’t take advantage of Wiggle’s offer of a free 30 day test ride.
    Maybe people assume there’s a catch. Is there ? I’d be interested to hear if returning a bike really is that simple too.

Jamie
    Free Member

Well…going to pull the trigger at some point today. Bit of a bind tho, as they have a ex-demo of the bike I want, in the size I want. But, as it has more than 15% discount, if I decided it was not for me then I cannot return it under the 30 day test ride.

Bah.

What’s to stop someone buying a new bike, returning it for a full refund after 29 days, waiting for it to turn up as ex demo at 30% off, then buying it back again ?

I’m not suggesting anyone should do it, but with some bikes there at over £2000, I’m sure some people would try a scam like that.

toppers3933
    Free Member

theres nothing stopping you i suppose. infact sounds like a plan. thanks for the heads up.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone done a 30 day test ride with Wiggle?’ is closed to new replies.