Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Has anyone dealt with member waldo1?
  • tom13
    Free Member

Hi guys,

I bought a chainset off waldo1, I paid him straight away but I have not received the chainset yet. He said I would received it in the next couple of days last Thursday but it is now a week later and still nothing.

I have messaged him and called him to no avail. I’m not accusing of him of being dodgy (yet) but has anyone had any experience with him? I’m not slandering him yet it may all be genuine but I am desperate to ride my new bike and this is the only thing stopping me.

Cheers

Tom

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

did you pay paypal gift?

tom13
    Free Member

I did a transfer as I couldn’t access PayPal on the tablet I was on. I know he comes on to sell bits, I just can’t contact him.

tomhoward

Kettle’s on….

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Whos got any scones?

davesmate
    Free Member

White tea with one sugar please. Got any chocolate hob nobs?

njee20
    Free Member

Caramel digestive please.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

hmmm caramel rocky’s and a diet coke to balance it out.

tom13
    Free Member

Hold up, hold up, take the kettle off the boil 😉

This isn’t a slanging match and I’m not bad mouthing anyone. Was just wondering if he has any friends on here who can contact him. Or if anyone has done any deals with him before.

wolly
    Free Member

Bought a cassette off him this week nothing turned up yet, his PayPal email is linked to a shop I believe

Liftman

Bombers or wee in shoes !

M1llh0use
    Free Member

plyphon
    Free Member

I’m sorry this hasn’t helped anyone.

woody2000

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

He’s emailed me ok today

tom13
    Free Member

If anyone gets in contact with him, tell him to contact me.

boblo
    Free Member

More chance with ‘please ask’…. Manners maketh man.

wolly
    Free Member

Emailed me today too,

waldo1
    Free Member

hi guys. ollie here (waldo1). crisis over. my phone has gone to mobile heaven after a “off” at cwmcarn on the weekend which has left me un-contactable by telecommunication device since. available by email though.
    everything has been sent by royal mail, with receipts and should be with you at any time now.
    if you like send me an email and ill give you my home and work phone number.
    M1llhouse, where did you find that picture of me in my university days?

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Waldo, it was on the internetz but took a lot of looking for!!

eyerideit
    Free Member

Another one conquered by the collective. 😀

waldo1
    Free Member

i think it would have been better if the topic was called ‘where’s waldo?’

Keef
    Free Member

does this mean I have to put the biscuits back ?

ruminant
    Free Member

No just have a celebration biscuit instead 🙂

unovolo
    Free Member

Although this appears to be resolved all OK ,judging from several threads on here over the last few months it still sound like the forum could do with a feedback section,
    Saint and Sinners?

People can leave feedback good or bad after a sale has concluded and therefore build up a better picture of who is good/safe to deal with.

Other forums have it ,dont see why it could not be a sticky at the top of the for sale section.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

And this accounts for the lack of txt msg response. I was getting a little 😡

waldo1
    Free Member

joking aside, i certainly hope that no one is insinuating that i have done anything untoward. i am not a shop, neither do sell for personal profit, infact i have sold my own items at a great loss to myself and everything I’ve sold has been a bargain for the buyer.
    i am a keen mountain biker, ride almost every day and enjoy trying different products as most here probably do.
    it’s a great forum and has been brilliant place for all things biking, but i can’t help but feel a little persecuted because of this topic and believe it’s been started a little hastily.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’d bought some really nice shiney pebbles for the stoning aswell.A few bags a gravel is one thing but these were proper expensive.They go out of date next week.
    Bah….(do you know anyone who’s said Jehova?)

waldo1
    Free Member

Brian?

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Fear not Waldo won’t blag anyone, he may be a little slack at times, borrowing £20 off a mate on Friday and saying he’ll drop it around the next day kind of thing 🙄 Anyway I’ll personally pwn him with a set of Shivers if he pulls a fast one.

Edit: But please don’t let me get in the way of a good stoning, I’d hate to spoil anyones fun…

wysiwyg
    Free Member

I wasn’t ready to pop round to his house just yet.

Keef
    Free Member

I’m Brian,and so’s my wife.

matlockmeat
    Free Member

waldo1 – Member
    joking aside, i certainly hope that no one is insinuating that i have done anything untoward. i am not a shop, neither do sell for personal profit, infact i have sold my own items at a great loss to myself and everything I’ve sold has been a bargain for the buyer.
    i am a keen mountain biker, ride almost every day and enjoy trying different products as most here probably do.
    it’s a great forum and has been brilliant place for all things biking, but i can’t help but feel a little persecuted because of this topic and believe it’s been started a little hastily.

I wouldn’t worry waldo. Maybe the post was started too soon but if anything it shows you in good light.
    I don’t use this forum much and hadn’t heard of you.

From this thread I have now heard of you and you come across as a thoroughly nice guy and a trusted seller.
    Hell I’m even interested in what goodies you might have for sale.

waldo1
    Free Member

cheers schrickvr6, i think. i was busy saturday crashing and breaking my phone at cwmcarn and risca dh, which, you were meant to join in on.
    i blame it on the beer you were forcing me to drink the night before.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Have the various items (mainly mine 😉 ) been posted?

waldo1
    Free Member

thanks matlockmeat. much appreciated.
    soooo then…..
    who wants to buy:-
    Easton havoc 35 bar and stem,
    gt avalanche expert,
    raceface atlas am cranks with renthal ring and red bolts,
    raceface atlas bars,
    my missis,
    tomac edition dtc nevegals,
    sdg bel air ibeam
    🙂

waldo1
    Free Member

everything has been sent.

tom13
    Free Member

Cheers Waldo, I didn’t start the thread to bad mouth you and I never stated you were not to be trusted, I defended you, it could have been the postal service that dropped the ball for example.

I was just wondering why I could not get in contact with you and thought you may have friends on the forum who could contact you, or fill in any gaps.

As you can imagine there are good genuine people about but there are also people who will take you for a ride. Luckily on this forum most of people are good genuine people and that’s great to see but you can see why people get nervous at times?

I will let you know, by email 😉 when the parts are received LOL.

How much is the other race face chainset with the renthal ring and would you sell just the ring and bolts seperate?

Cheers

Tom

waldo1
    Free Member

i can understand Tom.
    chainset is 85 all in.
    doubt I’d want to split it just yet.
    i think it’s more appealing to most in this combo.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone dealt with member waldo1?’ is closed to new replies.