Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • has anyone compared a 27.5 2.8 trailblazer to a 2.8 nobby nic ?
  • firestarter
    Free Member

curious as i cant go too much wider than my trailblazer on the rear but my sidewalls seem very poor 🙁 dont want to buy and not fit, pretty sure a 3.0 nn wont fit. thanks

scotroutes

I haven’t seem them side-by-side but I thought the TB came up narrow. Maybe get something in a “genuine” 2.5″?

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

They aren’t that narrow – the sidewalls stick out quite a way. 😉

bonesetter
    Free Member

TB does indeed come up narrower

NN will is wider

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I haven’t seem them side-by-side but I thought the TB came up narrow. Maybe get something in a “genuine” 2.5″?

Singlespeedstu recommended a WTB breakout in 2.5 when I had similar size constraints, and a bloody good tyre it is too. It’s grip defies it’s tread pattern, and sidewalls are bombproof too.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

curious as i cant go too much wider than my trailblazer on the rear but my sidewalls seem very poor dont want to buy and not fit, pretty sure a 3.0 nn wont fit. thanks

FWIW I’ve just swapped out Trailblazers for 2.8 WTB Rangers. Not as aggro as the NN, but similar to you I’m not convinced I’ll have clearance for a 3″ tyre up front (a 3″ Spesh Bround Control just squeezes into the rear). Got a Tough Fast Rolling on the back and a Light Grippy on the front – good fun on local trails over the weekend. Clearances are around the same, except I now have side knobbles.

BadlyWiredDog

As above, the 2.8 Ranger TCS Tough is around the same size as a TB and so far hasn’t exploded on contact with rocks… the Rocket Ron is wider thanks partly to the edge knobs and fragile with it. the Maxxis Rekon+ in 2.8 is also around the same size and might fit. Not as quick as a Trailblazer but a sight grippier and feels more robust too. But like for like with added grip, I’d go 2.8 WTB Ranger Tough.

firestarter
    Free Member

Thanks all

stumpyjumper
    Free Member

I was running the trailblazers but binned them after they kept ripping when down to 14-15 psi. I’ve now got a 2.8 ninny nic in there and they are a genuine 2.8 wide from side to side nob. The transmitter looks ace now

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘has anyone compared a 27.5 2.8 trailblazer to a 2.8 nobby nic ?’ is closed to new replies.