Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Has anyone built up the light-bicycle rims?
  • infidel
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered a pair of the 33mm enduros rims and was wondering what builds people have gone with. My wheel builder hasn’t used them before and asked if they had any special requirements such as nipple washers. I haven’t a clue so thought I’d ask the hive mind!

Thanks!

boxfish
    Free Member

Nothing special used to build them up. Just made sure the spoke holes had a light oil on the inside surface so the nipples would turn easily. I do this with alu rims too.

infidel
    Free Member

Thank you!

Onzadog
    Free Member

I did wonder about this myself. I normally oil nipples but you do hear things about carbon not liking oil and grease.

composite
    Free Member

I just finished building my 29er wider (30mm I think) light bicycle rims last night. Laced them to DT Swiss 350 hubs with DT swiss competition spokes and DT brass nipples. All I did was prepare the thread end of the spokes with a little grease as you normally would.

I tried some nipple washers but they wouldn’t fit through the holes on the internal skin of the rim. As I understand it these aren’t required anyway. The holes are drilled in the center not off set by the way.

I found them very easy rims to work with. Built tension slowly and hardly took any truing. In fact they were a pleasure to work with compared to the other alu rims I have built.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I have been seriously thinking about some of the wide enduro rims for my Enduro. My 721s are about 4 years old now and are starting to get a bit battered.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone built up the light-bicycle rims?’ is closed to new replies.