Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Has anybody used Uswitch and seen a noticeable saving on their utilities?
  • rockhopper70

…because I am just looking to do this and it seems to throw back very varying results depending on what you enter as your usage?
    It’s all very complicated when the first x units are cheap with one but then increase to be more for the second batch with another.
    If you did you use, did you just sign up for the provider who came cheapest?
    Ta

xherbivorex
    Free Member

couple of years ago, e-on were telling me i was going to have to pay (on a direct debit) £95 a month for my electric (i don’t have gas, it’s economy 7 in my flat (which is bloody awful but i just rent so can’t really do owt about that!))- went on uswitch, stuck in some meter readings and timescales and they came back with a scottish power online tariff that cost me £40 a month for the first year (fixed rate for a year), and even now with price increases is still only £50!

rockhopper70

that sounds ok then!

djglover
    Free Member

look at the unit rates, and be aware that prices could move due to commodity security due to instability in the Middle East and Japan needing more gas due to Nuclear being offline. If you find a good fixed rate tariff for 2 years bite their hand off…

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Yes – twice I have done switches that have saved me a lot – but my energy bills are about £210 a month…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Has anybody used Uswitch and seen a noticeable saving on their utilities?’ is closed to new replies.