Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Has any one used one of these lights?
  • davidtaylforth
    Free Member

http://www.dinodirect.com/superfire-flashlight-sst-50-1200lumens-3mode-led-l2-currency-GBP.html

I currently have one of those 900lm, 5 mode, ssc P7 jobbies but the switch is a bit dodgy

Will the “1200lm” one in the link above actually be any brighter? The 3 modes also seems like a good idea cos I never use the SOS or strobe settings on mine.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member
    davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Ive never used that one. Probably wont cos its £95 and it would mean I’d have to carry my bike around with me if I wanted to use it as a torch. Proper hassle

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TandemJeremy
    Free Member

That LED will produce 12000lumen – but then you have the losses in the optic so 900ish if its flat out will be realistic ( P7s around 600 real)

It will be difficult for the one battery to produce enough current to power the led flat out ( but possible – 3.6 amp current for 1200lumen at 3.7 volt. However life flat out will be half an hour or so if it does

So while I have never used one I am sceptical that its output will be 12oo lumen. and if it gets near to that battery life will be poor.

oli2001
    Free Member

yup

trout
    Free Member

That LED will produce 12000lumen 😯 Foooook I want one

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

extra zero trout – 1200 lumen 😳 Didn’t notice until it was too late to correct it

cp

Loving the description on that website!!!!!!

Sirlickalot
    Free Member

It’s not afraid.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Has any one used one of these lights?’ is closed to new replies.