Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Harwich…any good riding?
  • lazybike
    Free Member

Looks like I’ll be spending some time in Harwich next year, is there any good riding in that area, woodsy singletrack, decent coastal path, any road clubs in that area?

lazybike
    Free Member

oh dear, not looking too promissing….

Sandwich

“They” won’t tell you as it’s their trails and you might steal them!

A quick Bing check suggests that it will all be cheeky trails until Clacton/ Maningtree.

Alternatively catch the foot ferry to Felixstowe and there’s a fair bit of legal stuff to go at between the Orwell and Deben rivers. The Shotley peninsula also has access to Alton water but it’s a bit of a schlep from the ferry. (If it’s running).

lazybike
    Free Member

cheers sandwich, looks like I’ll have to drive up to Tunstall..as long as its dry..found a couple of clubs in Ipswich, so not too bad.

treaclesponge
    Free Member

Not sure how good it is but Rendlesham Forest isnt far away. Might catch a UFO or two as well… 😉

Sandwich

Don’t dismiss Alton Water, it’s on the way and there is a good bridleway network between it and the Orwell to go at. The Foodhall under the bridge on the South bank does good cake and coffee too.

lazybike
    Free Member

cheers TS, they seem quite proud of their “incident”…

lazybike
    Free Member

No sandwich, I won’t, looks the best bet and not too far.

onion
    Free Member

danbury common has some good jumps and some scraps of singeltrack and DH it’s loads of fun, groomed and looked after. shhhhhhhh

lazybike
    Free Member

thanks onion, I’ve ridden at danbury before, I’m a wheels on the ground roadie that mountain bikes kind of a rider( mincer), the only time my wheels leave the ground is when they go in the boot….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Harwich…any good riding?’ is closed to new replies.