Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)
  • Harsh rear shock after custom tune ??
  • wwaswas

I stick air in then a fair few rides later I’ll use a tyre lever to let some air out.

Thats the sum-part of my tuning!

It’s threads like this that make me wonder if there’s any mileage in places like Mojo running ‘setup my bike’ days.

😉

Bregante

hora – Member

I stick air in then a fair few rides later I’ll use a tyre lever to let some air out get a new frame

cakefacesmallblock

Just been sat on the khazi reading MBR and their ‘ test’ of the current Trance 27.5 3 , I’m vaguely interested, because I should have my SX sometime over the next three weeks……..
    Apparently this model hasa RockShox Monarch R rear shock, however they state………

“We noticed that the ‘o’ ring never reached the bottom of the shock body and while this is perfectly normal on the Trance, you do need to factor it in when setting the sag, otherwise the suspension will be way too soft”.

Not entirely sure what they are on about if I’m honest. Not certain either, whether they are on about Trances in general.

I have no idea how the shock varies in dimension or stroke length ,to yours, Renton, but just might be a point to note.

singlespeedstu

he said about setting the sag

Four pages of people telling you to start off here and you’ve finally got it. 🙂
    Just get one thing right at a time before you try and get ahead of yourself.

renton
    Free Member

Just thought I would come back and update this thread.

I’ve done a bit more riding on the bike now and in fact have just got in from a ride.

Needless to say I think I’m getting used to it having sped the rebound up a click or two.

I’ve gone second fastest on one segment and knocked 37 seconds ofF another segement.

It seems to climb like the proverbial mountain goat to which is a bonus.

However the one downside is that it has started leaking again so needs to go back to mojo.

Thanks to you all that posted some helpful info on this thread.

legend
    Free Member

Before sending it back pump it up and put it in some water. Probably won’t help but will save you from sending it back should it just be something like a bit of dirt in the valve

renton
    Free Member

Legend its leaking oil mate not air sorry should of made that clearer.

It’s been repaired once under warranty.

Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)

The topic ‘Harsh rear shock after custom tune ??’ is closed to new replies.