Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • Harsh feeling Fox 36's
  • chrishc777
    Free Member

If you were looking to sell them let me know!

jk1980
    Free Member

I’ve just got the MRP kit for the 36. Early days, only had a few rides, so by no means conclusive, but still find them harsh and very slow.

Another option is the Andreani kit which I heard from someone makes a difference. Has anyone tried that?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

To be hoest, I agree eith Dean – cranked right open my FAST pikes were too soft.

MBR thinks the 2018 36 is comfier than the Lyrik as well…

philstone

Just been out for a quick spin on my 36s after TFT serviced them and Push tuned them – amazing. So much better than before, I think I may have finally got Lyrik small bump sensitivity, with RC2 mid store support and tracking.

For the cost of a service and tune definitely give it a try.

bigwill
    Free Member

I know you won’t consider avalanche, but i cant bite my tongue. Sell your forks, buy the cheapest set of yari’s you can find / second hand even, it doesn’t matter. send them to avalanche pay your £400 and get craig’s full treatment and you will have the best set of forks for sub £900. they will blow even a new set of 36’s out the water, and make your shock feel like a hardened turd. I’ll park that there.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

So, added extra bath oil to my coil 2018 36s…I dont know why people are complaining about the damoer. My dads recently serviced Lyrik has LOADS more stiction in it. Its more comfortable and smoother than my coil Pikes as well.

Tge 2018 36 with a coil is simply sublime. It doesnt feel as overdamped as Lyriks either, I really dont think the harshness is damper side.

Personally, I thougt Avy forks felt juat like BOS forks… ie not as good as my current 36 build.

scaredypants

Tom, are you wearing ski gloves ? 😀

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

nahhhh… cold…. plus crap with smartphones…. heheh

The coil 36s are smoother than Zocchis of yore.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Well just put the forks back on after they went to South Coast Suspension for some TLC.  PUSH ACS3 coil conversion fitted along with Racing Brothers Lycan seals.  A quick bounce in the workshop reveals almost zero stiction.  Just got to wait for the Downs to dry out a bit before I give them a shakedown ride.

duir
    Free Member

I had all of the above harshness issues on my 36 RC2 2016 and tried all the fix’s including the re shim but nothing got rid of the horrible harshness. Eventually I gave TF a go with the PUSH tune and finally the fork started to feel a lot better than it did before especially in the first part of travel on long rough descents.

I think I will eventually go for the PUSH coil conversion as this removes the cause of the issue which is the damper itself from that year just isn’t that good.

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 12px;”>I think I will eventually go for the PUSH coil conversion as this removes the cause of the issue which is the damper itself from that year just isn’t that good.</span>

Just a heads up – the air or coil spring is in the left leg, the damper is in the right leg 😉

kimbers

My mate had the adreani piston kit in his 36, but he sent it back to get it setup firmer before he was happy with that, he loves it now though.

Ive got a luftkappe & now a novyparts splug in my Yaris, Ive only had short ride with the new damper but its a big improvement over stock,

duir
    Free Member

Just a heads up – the air or coil spring is in the left leg, the damper is in the right leg 😉

Just a heads up I meant to say air spring, not damper.👍

Interestingly TF recommend using only 2 clicks from full rebound ie from the slowest setting. This is something I would not normally do as I favour a faster rebound but their setting still seems quite fast.

alpin
    Free Member

Been riding a 2017 36 FIT4 that came in my strive for a year now.

Have dicked about a bit with pressure and LSC and HSBC and think I’ve found a happy medium. The fork still feels a little harsh at bimble speeds, but as soon as I start ragging it and hitting drops, tick gardens and berms the fork performs better than my old coil Lyrik…

Will ask a friend, who just happens to be the local suspension guru to have a look at them when he’s back from his hols.

I think there will always be a compromise; you give up the high end stuff in favour of the low end stuff or vice versa.

Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Harsh feeling Fox 36's’ is closed to new replies.