Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Harrys Razors?
  • Kryton57

Review please Krypton ..more so if you like them ..

Well, my £4 intro pack arrived:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/DygYdR]2018-01-05_02-54-57[/url]

Razor has a nice heft to it also is shiny, so remains to be seen if that equates to slippery. Came with 5 extra value cartridges and the red hinged cartridge “cover” you see on the left.

Heres a blade comparison with the Mach 3:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/228t6wC]2018-01-05_02-55-19[/url]

Of course the (bottom) Cornerstone cartridge has the precision blade on the reverse.

I’ll be shaving tomorrow morning so will update on actually shave then.

Gary_M
    Free Member

They look like any cheap blade really.

stevious

I went with FFS for my legs for a while. Found that the hefty metal handle made it more likely to break the blades if it got dropped in the shower. Decided to get a razorpit and use some old gillette blades I found in the other bathroom and have saved myself a load of money with zero change in performance.

Kryton57

They look like any cheap blade really.

It does. I had no issues at all with Mach 3’s so unless a wondrous shaving outcome happens I too shall be ordering those from Amazon when the Cornerstone ones run out.

sadexpunk

cornerstone have been the worst cartridges ive ever used for clogging. tried one for ‘quick-shave’ work purposes, but i dont think ive had one pleasant experience with it.

Euro
    Free Member

You know the way some of us are really into bikes? Well my dad is really into shaving stuff. Has tried them all and has a vast collecting of blades from all over the world. Buys his soap/gel/foam/lotion from all over the globe and has them neatly presented in the bathroom in order of the world’s best, 2nd best etc. Spends a fortune on this pre-shave stuff but swears the cheap double blade razors are the best. Has various grades of denim strips (i bring him round my old jeans) cut to clean them after – with the blade direction obvs. Says doing this makes then last for months of daily use.

He’s 80 but has the face (the bit you shave anyway) of a 30yr old. Makes me feel his face every time i call round 😆

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Love that last post

benjamins11
    Free Member

Ive started using Harrys razors, they have recently changed the design of the blade and now have the back bit as well. I’ve found them very comfortable and give a good shave. If used with a razor pit they are lasting for ages too. Im pretty pleased.

fatmax

Love that last post +1

sharkbait
    Free Member

Euro, your dad is obviously a smart cookie. Been around, seen it all and knows what he likes – sounds like a top chap 🙂

km79
    Free Member

I had no issues at all with Mach 3’s so unless a wondrous shaving outcome happens I too shall be ordering those from Amazon when the Cornerstone ones run out.

Those Cornerstone ones say

Please note, although our razors are perfect for your face, we do not recommend using them for head-shaving.

I’ve never seen that on any razor before.

Frankers
    Free Member

I gave up on the Harry’s blades after a 6 months perseverance.

The blade was to aggressive and made my face feel irritated. Also the back blade (for below nose) would cut me when using the first 3-4 times with a new cartridge.

Back with Gillette and couldn’t be happier.

stumpy01

DE razor for me after trying all sorts over the years.

I get bad ingrowing hairs and a very irritated neck which stopped as soon as I started using a DE razor.
    I think it’s because the shave isn’t quite as close.
    I tried a variety pack of blades and settled on the Wilkinson Sword ones. I think a pack of 50 cost me about £8.

Euro
    Free Member

gofasterstripes – Member

Love that last post

benjamins11 – Member

fatmax – Member

Love that last post +1

sharkbait – Member

Euro, your dad is obviously a smart cookie. Been around, seen it all and knows what he likes – sounds like a top chap

8) Be calling round after work today for an update and a bit of face fondling 😀

Kryton57

well I didn’t cut myself. 🙂

As I’m spotting a short boxed style beard currently, I used the back precision blade. to clean up the edges I’ve never used one before – bear that in mind. Overall I think the Cornerstone gives me a smoother shave than Gillette after the first pass. Under my chin/neck I normally have to reverse pass (shave upward) to get smooth there.

Sharp Gillettes also feel precarious around my Adams apple too, and I often nick myself with a new cartridge – not so with the Cornerstone.

I’ve some slight redness at the lower edges of my beard, but thats the area I used the precision/back blade. Next time I’ll avoid it and use the normal side as I would with the Mach 3 and see if that reduces it.

So far then, all good.

21dwb
    Free Member

These for me. They last for ages as well.

https://www.boldking.com

senorj

I am slightly disappointed there wasn’t a load of claret on the carpet ….;-)
    Doesn’t it twist your lemon ,when one’s partner shaves their bits with a cartridge you have used only once?!

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Harrys Razors?’ is closed to new replies.