• This topic has 69 replies, 36 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by colp.
Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Harry Main (pro BMXer) MTB vid
  • mark90
    Free Member

I suspect he may have also been the first person to run 200psi in a 36.

It’s kinda weird to watch his riding, he obviously has amazing trick and jumping skills from BMX and is clearing jumps plenty of mountain bikers (myself included) would not even consider, yet rides the trails (rocks, roots, mud) like a total noob. No disrespect as he is clearly new to the sport. It’s just the odd mix of skills/no skills in the different aspects, unlike most riders who start from scratch in all areas and develop accordingly.

TheBrick
    Free Member

It’s true what you are saying but due to his bike control he will learn the off road side very quickly.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

i clicked thinking he’d be like a low rent youtube clickbait Bam Magera, however he’s quite likeable aint he, tons of enthusiasm

chakaping
    Free Member

I think some of his sketchiness on the rocks and mud may be down to having the tyres rock hard and the suspension set-up a bit squiff.

eddie11
    Free Member

agree with mark90, i think he puts on some of his fear of big stuff of the youtube chanel as its nothing he hasn’t done on a bmx but the minute he hits mud, roots rocks he is genuinely all over the shop. its heartening. He’s good a swearing too, not everyone can do that, i like it.

drew bezanson has also tried this journey too from amazing bmx rider to mtb. Albeit at crankworx. Seemed to face pretty genuine struggles with bigger wheels and bigger jumps

oikeith

It’s kinda weird to watch his riding, he obviously has amazing trick and jumping skills from BMX and is clearing jumps plenty of mountain bikers (myself included) would not even consider, yet rides the trails (rocks, roots, mud) like a total noob. No disrespect as he is clearly new to the sport. It’s just the odd mix of skills/no skills in the different aspects, unlike most riders who start from scratch in all areas and develop accordingly.

I’ve recently started mountain biking after years of bmx and am always surprised how awful most experienced mountain bikers are at jumping!

singlespeedstu

I’ve recently started mountain biking after years of bmx and am always surprised how awful most experienced mountain bikers are at jumping!

It’s not really surprising though is it as your avarage trail rider has to deal with rocks, roots and mud a lot more than getting big air.
    Fair play to how he’s adapting to MTBing and his enthusiasm to it is just brilliant.His honesty about shitting it is also nice to see.
    I really wouldnt be surprised to see him a crankworks sooner rather than later.
    He’s got the big tricks already there, just need to adapt that the bigger wheels.

kayak23

drew bezanson has also tried this journey too from amazing bmx rider to mtb

Kye Forte too.
    Shit hot bmxer…

…to shit hot mountain biker.

Harry’s recent clips
    [video]http://youtu.be/ekQNaZ-qaNY[/video]

[video]http://youtu.be/NFSyrNyWWnQ[/video]

firestarter
    Free Member

He’s just posted a flair on the 150mm travel bike 🙂

Speeder

I’d seen him ride the 20″ years ago and was blown away but didn’t know much about his personality but these are really interesting. Loving the enthusiasm and the skills are obviously stellar.

kayak23

[video]http://youtu.be/oLpqsWmZRa4[/video]

kayak23

Harry rides at Revs.
    Fair play to him. It’s pretty stout there if you’re used to skateparks. 😀
    His Gopro angle needs work but it’s an enjoyable watch all the same.

It’s rather sweary if that bothers you.

[video]http://youtu.be/Cczza6YTP88[/video]

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Hah! I think he was riding there when I was – to be fair on him – it was slippy as hell on Sat.

oikeith

Being a BMX cross over I agree with what Harry was saying in that video re the speed you can get on MTB’s, so much faster than BMX!

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’ve quite enjoyed his vids; he’s certainly enthusiastic which is nice to see. I know he divides opinion in the BMX world but he seems alright in his vids.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m impressed that Marin is still in one piece.

He’s not afraid to get stuck in, eh?

firestarter
    Free Member

Tailwhips 360s and flips on the mtb outdoors at a jump spot already mental

kayak23

Harry gets on a downhill bike at Revs.
    Yes lad.

[video]http://youtu.be/8mFUhpKz01s[/video]

kayak23

[video]http://youtu.be/58ZKLc-T0zo[/video]

Rorschach
    Free Member

I watched someone (random) flip the big 50:01 step up on a Dh bike…..during storm Ophelia/Brian!!(the bottom jumps were all closed as it was too windy).Bar me, there was’nt anyone else about.
    Pretty much the most mental thing I’ve seen done on a bike….next to Jace Rennie jumping 117ft on a frozen fire road and Hucker opposite airing about 20ft at Redbull quartermaster.

robidoo
    Free Member

Today’s backflip DH bike vid is brill, had a smile on my face the whole time.

tdog
    Free Member

Is anyone getting fed t f up with his channel being all about making subs and wonga ffs.
    Pathetic, but seemed a real genuine decent balls out kinda rider.
    Just shame to see it going the way it is.

chakaping
    Free Member

No, and I hope he’s not getting fed up with me trying to earn a living either.

robidoo
    Free Member

Fair play to Harry if it pays the bills crack on I say.

Rorschach
    Free Member

He (co)owns Mafia (bmx),Rocker (POS) and Cry (horrific looking yoof wear).The Youtoob stuff is just advertising to the kids who buy his stuff.
    He may come across as an overly loud, ADHD scouser with too much money, little taste and a god given talent for riding bicycles……and to be fair that’s not far wrong but it has’nt stop him being a really nice bloke when I’ve chatted to him.

oldtalent
    Free Member

I should dislike him, northern with visible tattoos, but his channel is excellent. I’m probably not target audience being late 40’s and no interest in BMX since I was 16, but the MTB stuff is brilliant.

tdog
    Free Member

It wasn’t a knock down at the bloke, just it’s getting too full on sub this sub that and tired of coming across youtubers believing they’re entitled…

There are worse tbf! I should perhaps step away from youtube I guess 😛

ready

I’m with oldtalent on this. I’m new to his channel, but already a big fan of his mtb riding. Not so keen on his shot blasting/general hooliganising of decent bits of kit – but his enthusiasm and attitude to learning how to ride trails/parks is infectious! And now he’s (unofficially?) teamed up with Matt Jones, bring me more!
    Incidentally, Matt Jones video if the day out at Revs is better than Harry’s….

mark90
    Free Member

Oldtalent +1

The Youtoob stuff is just advertising to the kids who buy his stuff.

And probably generates a couple hundred quid a day of advert revenue based on the number of view he gets.

colp

That jump on 50:01 at Revs (the moon booter) is 30ft take off to the top of the transition, properly mental backflipping that.

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Harry Main (pro BMXer) MTB vid’ is closed to new replies.