Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Harrogate riding
  • fizzicist
    Free Member

I’m moving from Sheffield to Harrogate in a few weeks – I’ve been pretty spoilt for choice in MTB trails from my front door for the last 5 years. Is there anyone who can point me at some decent single track stuff accessible from Harrogate without having to drive out? I’ll be living around Harlow Hill area.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

If you don’t have any luck on here, the most knowledgeable Harrogate locals I know are The Rafferty brothers (Joe and Alex). You could get in touch with them thru their website Pro Ride Guides. Incidentaly, if you want any skills coaching in the future,they are the best in the area IMO.

unklehomered
    Free Member

from there you can pick up BW to Kirkby Overblow south west, and from there spofforth, or even loop round to meanwood trail in leeds via Harewood, yes I am suggesting you ride into a city for good riding, but there is a good reason for it. More of an XC route focused on distance but with some treats along the way.

I’m afraid you will not be spoiled for choice from right out of Hellgate.

Alternative is cross the town, pick up the new sustrans from Bilton to Ripley, and from the to Clint, Birstwith, Shaw Mills and make a loop round there.

If you tire of that and drive out I live just out of Pateley Bridge and would be up for showing you some stuff round there.

Maps suggest you could get out to Stainburn by BW through Rigton, up to Stainburn moor and cut across the woods the Norwood trails, and then to Stainburn.

tomhoward

Boneshakers in the centre of harrogate do fortnightly Tuesday night rides, good fun and finishes in a pub!

Stainburn is ‘almost’ on your doorstep too!

unklehomered
    Free Member

Do boneshakers do mtb rides? I did not know that.

Shandy
    Free Member

Maps suggest you could get out to Stainburn by BW through Rigton, up to Stainburn moor and cut across the woods the Norwood trails, and then to Stainburn.

You can do that but it’d be a bit of a detour from Harlow Hill and there are a lot of stiles and gates on the BWs round there. I tend to ride straight out to Stainburn from Pannal, and just do more riding out there. The is a farmers lane that takes you off the Otley road into the back of the wood, or you can go round by Norwood Lane.

tomhoward

unklehomered – Member
    Do boneshakers do mtb rides? I did not know that.
    POSTED 55 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Yep, next one is this tues iirc. I may be present too!

unklehomered
    Free Member

nice, where do they set off from? the shop? what time?

Andy_Baz

There’s also a Wednesday evening ride from Psychlosport, just off Leeds Road. Covers a lot of local riding and showed me stuff I had no idea existed.

tomhoward

From the shop, set off between 6 and 630. They put details up on their fb page if you’re on that.

unklehomered
    Free Member

hmmm, may not make it this week but will deffinitley roll up for one of those soon. Big fan of Boneshakers, great customer service whether your spending 3 pounds or 300…

fizzicist
    Free Member

Been here since October now and starting to work out some bits & bobs. Not been able to make any of the bone shakers rides due to work & family timing.

If anyone on here is local – fancy a few evening rides starting around 7:30ish?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Harrogate riding’ is closed to new replies.