Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Harrogate mtb routes
  • MRanger156
    Free Member

Hi

Looking for local harrogate off road routes starting and finishing in harrogate. GPX files would be great please!

Any recommendations?

jpacey
    Free Member

You can ride up to Stainburn in about 30 mins from town. There are some excellent trails up there but it’s partialy closed off for logging at the moment.
    You can cut across to the Wetherby red kite trails via the showground and follifoot woods for some easy going bridalway miles.
    There is some good riding in the local woods (Strava is a good place to look)but there can be conflict with dog walkers so its best to pick quiet times of day or get out with lights in the winter

chestrockwell

You can do a reasonable route taking in Nidd Gorge and lower Bilton. Or get out to Summerbridge and ask the lads at Stif for a decent route. Oh, and there’s some ok tracks around Fewston/Swinley reservoir.

firestarter
    Free Member

Jpacey do you know where can you get a map of the red kite trail and the other ones do you know . I’m not far from Harewood and fancy a ride with the little lad on some of the trails
    I’ve seen the Web site before but not seen any routes
    Cheers

yeha
    Free Member

Single traction have the red kite map.
    Park at the Swinsty reservoir car park and ride into the woods to the west. Managed to get a 10 mile loop out of there.

jpacey
    Free Member

Have a look on the red kite Facebook page, they are making the map available for free and some of the trails and now way marked as well

jpacey
    Free Member

If your not far from harewood there is a nice loop you can do that goes from harewood around eccup then Down and back up the mean wood valley trail though adel. No map sorry but I’m sure a bit of Strava searching would find the route

firestarter
    Free Member

Cheers all

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Red kit trail

There is the link to the routes for red kite, easy to get to the Spofforth section from central Harrogate. It also links into Harewood as other mention and I also ride out of Alwoodley a bit and there is loads of bridleways round there, and i do like the Harewood, Eccup. Emmerdale area.

You could also head north via the Berryl Burton Way cycle path to Ripley and head into the Dales.

firestarter
    Free Member

Thanks again I’ll have a look and try work out where things are

funkweasel
    Free Member

Stainburn is good for a little technical training. However it’s currently closed.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Harrogate mtb routes’ is closed to new replies.