Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Harrods taste, Woolworths money – what full sus?
  • thorpey0
    Free Member

I am on the hunt for a new bike, having sold my Meta TR I want a trail bike for the Yorkshire Dales that climbs as well as descends. Full sus, size large, dropper, fairly light <30lbs….

I would love a Spitfire Banshee, I Also like the look of the Transition Covert however I only have around £1200 to spend which I could push to £1500 with a squeeze.

Do I go for something second hand or look at the likes of the Canyon Nerve or Spectral which get good reviews and I can pick up new for around the £1500 mark?

I could try and find a frame only deal and swap bits over from my hardtail but really I’d rather keep that intact….

Suggestions on what to throw my money at greatfuly received
    😀

jam-bo

Bandit.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Really second hand at that budget. Or even shock! a 26inch wheeled bike And getting a banshee under 30 lbs might be a big ask!.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

May be able to get a Giant Anthem in the sales for that money. You don’t need much travel for Yorkshire Dales

shifter
    Free Member

Have you seen the Trigger thread ten steps down?

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Cheapest Bird Aeris is around £1500, isn’t it? Not sure it’ll come in under 30lbs though, but it’d be new with a warranty.

thorpey0
    Free Member

Sure have seen the trigger thread… Would love to get to the carbon but that’s pushing it.

Would the jeckyll be overkill? Had the new Pikes on my last bike and they were superb,

Trigger 3 or Jekyll 4…

iainc

calibre bossnut , have you seen the reviews this is getting ? ‘Redefining Value’ I think the mags are saying…

smatkins1
    Free Member

On-one Codeine? Fails on the weight and dropper criteria, but on your budget this would be high on my list to consider.

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/CBOOCODX9/on-one-codeine-29-sram-x9-mountain-bike

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

trek remedy would be on my list.

Euro
    Free Member

A friend is selling his 26″ 2014 Stumpy Evo for under your budget. If you’re interested (and you should be an – awesome bike going for a steal – i have one myself 😀 ) i could pass on his contact details as he’s not a forumite.

Here’s his blurb, borrowed from FB…

The bike is in excellent condition and has a pair of brand spanking unridden Rockshox Revelations / new press-fit BB / both wheels have been newly rebuilt and converted to tubeless / new Specialized Butcher and Purgatory tyres / Formula C1 brakes ( with new pads) / Specialized Command dropper post / SRAM drive train / Fox Float CTD rear shock.

chakaping
    Free Member

Vitus Escarpe on CRC – 135mm travel IIRC and modern geometry.

Looks like just the ticket for your needs.

superstu
    Free Member

If look at Paul’s cycles for some discounted Giants.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Harrods taste, Woolworths money – what full sus?’ is closed to new replies.