Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Haro Beasley…
  • rOcKeTdOg

650b wheels, thoughts?

With a diameter approximately 27.5 inches, the 650B wheel size falls right between a standard MTB and our phenomenally popular 29ers. The advantage of this size is nimble MTB-style geometry that’s compatible with a slightly taller wheel, giving you big-wheel stability and traction without the higher center of gravity so common on most of today’s 29ers. The 650B size is especially right for cyclists who aren’t tall enough to ride a 29er, but who want the speed and traction of bigger wheels.

650B tech highlights:
    • Light and lively MTB handling
    • High-speed 29er acceleration
    • Increased traction patch on tires

singlespeed version too

bassspine
    Free Member

1)oh my god not another ‘standard’

2)bet tyres will be fun to find.

3)hmmmm, that actually looks pretty good, not as gangly as a 29er…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The 650B size is especially right for cyclists who aren’t tall enough to ride a 29er, but who want the speed and traction of bigger wheels.

What if I want some of the speed and traction of a 650B, but without the bigger size? Hmmm, if only someone had already come up with a standard wheel size for mountain bikes which really works for almost everyone. If only……..

jam-bo

yeh. another niche to ignore…

cynic-al
    Free Member

tough being mainstream uh?

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

currr try explaining that to the lbs when you want spare parts ! its not a 29er and its not a 26 its half way inbeetween :S

jimthesaint

Any bike shop worth it’s salt will already have 650b tubes in stock. It’s an old road bike size.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

jim the saint – Member
    Any bike shop worth it’s salt will already have 650b tubes in stock. It’s an old road bike size.

I feel that “old” is the key word here. As in, past, gone, history, over.

FFS.

HTTP404
    Free Member

still waiting for it to catch on.

Hairychested
    Free Member

When will they introduce something properly different, like 625c?

That’s probably the nicest looking mountain bike frame Haro has ever produced and they have to spoil it by putting daft sized wheels on it.

If it ain’t 20, 24 or 26, I ain’t interested.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

So,

What 650b cross tyre to make a normal MTB frame a real cyclocross bike alternative for the winter, and for those that don't race CX, or want to buy a new bike?

🙂

rOcKeTdOg
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Haro Beasley…’ is closed to new replies.