Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hardware Encrypted USB 3 Drive
  • Ioneonic

I need to run portable chrome (PortableApps) plus hold a few documents on a usb drive. Currently use Sandisk Extreme 3 which works well as regards speed, but I wiped the encryption software when I bought it. I don’t have admin access to Windows computers/downloads at work (OSX and chrome OS at home) but I only really use it at different work computers which are all Windows 10.
    I’d like a hassle free USB 3 drive with decent encryption which allows me to run chrome fast throughout the day, and occasionally open the small documents. Not fussed about transfer speeds for large files. Cost <£50 ideally. If it works on OSX then great, but not essential. I probably only need 8GB but am aware larger drives often perform better.

footflaps

You can get USB HW encryptors which plug in series with any USB drive and encrypt / de-crypt on the fly.

Cougar

Sorry, I initially misread the download issue.

Can you download the Windows version of the software ^^ using your Mac, save it to the USB key and then run it from a work PC?

footflaps
    bensales
    Free Member

Work issue us with these…

ThinkPad USB 3.0 1TB Secure Hard Drive

Easy enough to use, you just plug it it, and type in your pin on the keypad to mount and un-mount it.

Ioneonic

Thanks all, very helpful.
    I’ve set up the sandisk software from my mac and have downloaded the exe file direct to the usb so will see how it works on Monday on the PC. That would be ideal for now if it did. Meanwhile I’ll look at those other options.

Ioneonic

OK doesn’t look like you can run apps/exe files from the Sandisk Secure Vault. I cannot see a way to do it in any case (even portable apps don’t work).
    I’ve tried Bitlocker in the meantime and will see if M3 Mac Bitlocker Loader works on OSX.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hardware Encrypted USB 3 Drive’ is closed to new replies.