Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Hardtail to Full Suss thinking of going back to hardtail??
  • quintet100
    Free Member

Hi
    As the title says,
    I love the hardtail feel and ride but had some money to buy my dream bike although second hand a Specialized Epic S works 29er, full carbon 23lbs. Thought this would be my ideal race bike.
    My other bike is a Niner RDO set up as singlespeed.
    I’ve now been riding the epic for about 2 months but preferred the ride of my hard tail.
    I’m no faster on the epic, so I’m thinking I am hardtail sought of guy.
    So now I’m thinking about selling the epic and going back, anyone done this lately and regretted selling the full suss?
    Realistically all my riding locations are easy enough on hard tails.
    If anyone is thinking of going full suss from hard tail and have a nice light build let me know :).

mikewsmith
    Free Member

An epic isn’t really a full sus it’s more of a flexible hardtail 😉 at the pointy end of xc most I see are still on hard tails, if speed is the concern the ht will probably be first choice. For long/marathon stuff the fs might be better.

1-shed
    Free Member

Don’t think ill get a full susser ever again, I like the involvement of a hardtail, or better still a big bouncy rigid. Enjoy your ride.

quintet100
    Free Member

Speed and involvement is my concern.
    Even if I change I find it quite difficult to think what hardtail to change to.
    Before I bought the s works I wanted to test ride one but unfortunately I just couldn’t find anywhere for a demo.

johni
    Free Member

It depends what you ride and how fast. I lent a mate my full suss and did a 4hr ride on my hardtail with him. It reminded me of 2 things.

1. How much you get bounced around on a hardtail going uphill
    2. How much older and achier I am since I first started riding a full suss.

Having had an Epic in 2003, I’d echo comments above. It isn’t a full on full suss compared to other bikes I’ve had.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Hardtail to Full Suss thinking of going back to hardtail??’ is closed to new replies.