Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hardtail: The return……………………..
  • kevdog68
    Free Member

I’ve ridden full sus for going on 20 years now and quite frankly I’ve got bored, so in a fit of whimsy I flogged the old Alpine 160 and said hello to a Cotic BFe. Why did I not do it sooner? Instantly I was back racing BMX in the 80’s, not relying on suspension to track me over obstacles, not getting to the top of an ascent with bursting thighs and a brow full of sweat. Loving biking again riding a hardtail. Epiphany, shared.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Bfe +1

80s BMX +1

Loving it +1

weeksy

I need a HT too. I just don’t have the space until spring when I flog the road bike.

neila

BFe +2
    Got a frame for my 40th. Built it up over 6 months, rode it, loved it, sold the Zesty!

bigkeeko
    Free Member

I said in another post, albeit a long winded version of your, this;

Im back to where I was in the 90s and loving it.

Seven Sola in steel. 🙂 I had a fair few full sussers as well.

kevdog68
    Free Member

Loving it, have to say it took some getting used to the shorter bike, makes you realize how long those alpines are!

scud91hilite
    Free Member

Aye. Back to a hardtail myself. I was getting a tad bored of full sus,although I do love the blood.

I got myself a Whyte 905 and went 1×10. The first ride was Tuesday and grinned myself silly.

It’s been so good I’m considering dumping the Full sus. Umm…will see in a month or two – if my backs holding up.

Oh ,and I stuck with that ole fashioned wheel size…you know.. 26 inch (Gosh).

Just prefer a more chuckable bike.

kevdog68
    Free Member

Heck yeah, 1 x 10 is the future. Don’t get me wrong I’ve had hours of fun on full sus. With the Orange the only limit downhill was your nerve. Nothing had to be worked for, I just couldn’t find the fun in that anymore. And one of the reasons I went back was to help an ailing back….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hardtail: The return……………………..’ is closed to new replies.