Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hardtail – Tall and short – like an Ibis Mojo SL
  • sweaman2
    Free Member

So I’m looking for a new hardtail; preferably a 29er. But I’m a bit of an odd shape (6ft tall but 34″ legs and short arms) so I quite often find myself between sizes as I like the reach on a medium but the height of a large.

My full suspension is an Ibis Mojo SL which has a 483mm seat tube and an effective top tube of 600mm (quoted) and I like the fit.

As a comparison the Salsa El Mar gives me either 482st and 620tt (large) or 431st and 600tt (medium). So perfect dimensions split across the two frames…

So does anybody know of any off the peg hardtail frames that are similar to the Ibis?

chiefgrooveguru

Run a short stem on a large or a long seat post on a medium?

sweaman2
    Free Member

Both of those options are possible; but I was wondering if there was a better alternative…

chiefgrooveguru

What stem do you have on the Ibis?

sweaman2
    Free Member

80mm stem currently. So I could go short stem on a large (and probably will) as I prefer that to the vertical drop on a medium

chiefgrooveguru

Definitely put a shorter stem on a large then! 60/50/40mm (go shorter for slacker head angles and/or wider bars).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hardtail – Tall and short – like an Ibis Mojo SL’ is closed to new replies.