Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • hardtail prefered to full susser!
  • jonyb
    Free Member

i have a 2010 lapierre zesty 514,recent addition. and my old faithfull gt avalanche 1 which i have custom built to my spec.
    the thing is, i prefer my hardtail!
    is this normal?
    i just dont like the way the lapierre squats under load, is there a lock out shock i can buy? new to the full susser thing!!

Dancake
    Free Member

Give me the lapierre and Ill give you a big kiss.

Everyone wins

coolhandluke
    Free Member

the thing is, i prefer my hardtail!
    is this normal

Yes, because hardtails are better.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I have been through countless bikes, & I never really settled until I realised that I always preferred the last bike because that was what I was used to. It was kind of a eureka moment until I thought it through, but sometimes life just works that way.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

which shock do you have? Something like a RP23 will be better but due to the nature of suspension it will sag a bit.

Setup is key and getting used to it. Ride both

robsoctane
    Free Member

Yep, you’ll get used to having some sag – it’s supposed to have a bit of give for grip.

Full suss’ is better 😉

kawato
    Free Member

Due to having to make sacrifices last year, i sold my Intense Tracer and after a short period of not riding much i ended up taking my GF’s bike out for a few rides. 2000 Kona Hahanna with Toras, front disc, V brakes rear. To be honest it has been an utter revelation to me, how much fun hardtails are. Although i am slower on the hardtail i oddly enough feel faster due to the constatnt bounce at the back and the slightly more aggressive angles. However, knowing that i am slower does pee me off slightly, and is something that is only consoled by the fact i am enjoying myself. Maybe i shouldn’t question this, and i should just enjoy it, but would i buy a full suss if it was to be my only bike? Yes. In a heartbeat.

bigrich

the thing to remember is bikes are fun, and you are only relatively slower. unless you place top 15 in races, your slow anyway. just enjoy yourself.

labsey
    Free Member

Much prefer my hardtail. I guess it comes down to your style of riding and what you need your bike to do. I ride mostly flat singletrack and commute on mine so suits me down to the ground. Found my full susser was heavier and the sag sapped precious energy.

Might not have the same issue with a quality full susser but hardtails are cheaper!

Mugboo

Over winter I ride my HT and wonder why I own a FS. Then I ride my FS and realise why 🙂

tazzymtb

Yes, because hardtails are better.

rigid fronts are even betterer….new fangled squidgy flobbly wobbly trail sofas?….Bah you can keep ’em

kawato
    Free Member

rigid fronts? Sure back when there was nothing else available. Now there are better tools for the job. Right, I’m off to drive my Ferrari up a mountain, see ya.

charliedontsurf

Yep…. Sus is not needed round my way.

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

I have a brand new Orange 5.

But I’d have much rather been on my HT today.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘hardtail prefered to full susser!’ is closed to new replies.