Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • hardtail or full suss, which do you want to ride most?
  • jedi

i'm not talking about need. which bike is the one you want to ride most?
    🙂

LeeW

After 7 hours in the saddle of my HT, I want to ride a FS.

Adam@BikeWorks
    Free Member

FS

takisawa2

FS this time of year, but HT (SS) a fair bit also.

DezB
    Free Member

Full suss

z1ppy

FS

epicsteve
    Free Member

I go through phases however in the last few months it's my fuss-suss bikes that are getting used more.

_tom_
    Free Member

Never ridden a proper full sus (or had much desire to) so I guess it's hardtail by default for me!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Dont have a full sus, but when I did I wish I had kept my trailstar. So i bought a hardtail again and its grand.

Forge_Master
    Free Member

HT all the way.

Bagstard
    Free Member

The one that is working best, quietly doing it's job, so that is my DH bike at the moment.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Depends! probs 50:50

chakaping
    Free Member

FS almost all the time, especially now I've got one I really like.

0pt1cal
    Free Member

I love riding my Hardtail…but FS is more fun and I can ride faster and go bigger. 🙂

thomthumb
    Free Member

sold my full suss

timdrayton
    Free Member

HT every time,

i cant afford to make a FS light enough, so they just feel heavy, i do miss the traction on climbs and bounce on the downs of my anthem though

stumpy01

Not had the hardtail long, but it was more fun to ride than i thought it would be & was a lot harder on the legs round Thetford than the FS due to having to hover over the saddle all the time.

Going today & as I haven't ridden the FS for a few weeks I'm taking that, but the HT would be just as much fun – perhaps more fun actually around somewhere like Thetford.

cookeaa

HT – but only because I've spent too much time on wallowy bouncers in the past, I know the current lot are far better but I just find riding a good HT so positive now… Horses for courses… of course. 😕

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Don't own a FS, just 11 hardtails … perhaps I need to sell something 😀

Xan
    Free Member

HT for local trails/races
    FS for train centres.

Both of mine have their own purposes and love riding them equally.

bullroar
    Free Member

Currently the hardtail because the kids keep taking the FS before I get to the garage. I am trying to work out a scam to get a new, steel, long fork HT but The Boss tends to scowl at the mention.

myheadsashed

Just being out on any be is enough – I'm easily pleased.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Its all riding – but I prefer HT. Used to have a FS but found I went too fast and it made my trails less involving.

Might get a FS when I find I get too battered riding a HT.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I had hoped that you'd be able to answer the question Jedi. I was toying with the idea of doing a skills session with you later in the year (busted shoulder right now) and asking you which bike I should bring for training. Both get ridden in the sxame way, on the same stuff at siomilar speeds with the same people. I tend to favour which ever one already dirty or whichever one is having kit or settings tweaked.

GaryLake
    Free Member

FS mostly but HT can't be beaten for mucking about in the local woods of Bristol.

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Bikes is bikes.

neninja
    Free Member

I bought a 100mm travel XC FS – Anthem X

Within a month I'd sold my carbon hardtail as it just didn't get used. The Anthem was more comfortable and quicker pretty much everywhere in the real world. I love that fact I can do a ride and not get back feeling beaten up.

A mate who loves riding a hardtail (he owns a Slayer FS but it almost never gets used) is considering getting a short travel FS since I got mine as you feel so much less fatigued from the bumps.

Coyote
    Free Member

After a clearance sale, I'm left with my SS hardtail. Promised myself I'd concentrate on riding this for the summer and then look for a FS in the Autumn / Winter.

nickc

Hardtail all the time, but then I've only got the one bike now. Not missing FS though

jam-bo

I'll pick up the five in preference everytime at the moment.

then the DH bike.

akira

Whichever one I'm on.

gog
    Free Member

+1 for _tom_ Only got a HT 😕

forgotmename
    Free Member

My 3.5inch fs has taken over from my kitsuma now, and have to say its faster and much more comfy, 3.5 inch is ideal around here, 6.5 travel bike for peaks n cham. Still not selling the kitsuma tho.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

HT! don't own a full sus.

jedi

forgetmyname, what you got now gaz?

cookeaa

This makes for interesting reading (To me at least) the emerging impression I get is that for many people a relatively “Short travel” FS (sub 4”) is the closest thing to a “Do it all” bike where the various comics would have you believe something in the 5.5-6” travel range is a “one bike to rule them all” type machine….

Is that a fair interpretation?

jedi

deffo 🙂

LoCo
    Free Member

140mm steel hardtail at the moment. Only relly use a fs for downhill and testing suspension tunes e.t.c
    Saying that if I had a 4"ish travel fs i'd proably be riding that in this weather.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Depends:

Smashing down stuff – FS

Swooping through singletrack – 90's rigid kona

forgotmename
    Free Member

I have a foes prolite for xc and local riding, and a new fxr for proper riding, both air curnutts set up for me, small bikes done around 700miles in 5 weeks, it rocks mate. Off to cham in 4 weeks with the fxr. Check my posts from a month or 2 ago, theres pics of both there somewhere, id piost pics now but i cant get into my flickr account.
    Hope your well, and great to see the wkd reviews your getting, best thing you ever done?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘hardtail or full suss, which do you want to ride most?’ is closed to new replies.