Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • hardtail options for aliens
  • shortbaldone
    Free Member

just returned to biking after 5 years our due to serious illness etc and dusted off my indyfab and yeti 5 (the latter of which I got to ride 3 times before I had to stop) first thing I will say is its like I have been cryo frozen and landed in a different world!! dropper posts – like them, different wheel sizes – disappointed there is only 26, 650 and 29 to choose from, was rather hopeful there might have been a 23.5 invented or something to help my 5ft 6 height and 29 inch inseam….longer travel…like this too, lots of carbon stuff (I was wrong then, they didn’t all break!) but most of all, better angles, loving 65 and 66deg relaxed head angles and low and long geometry…
    brings me to this…..I have actually discovered that my made to measure independent ti-delux that I bought before I stopped riding at 2.5k for the frame only (and even they are 3k now – another shock, the price increases!)doesn’t actually fit!! my longer body means that reach is only obtainable with a 100mm stem and even that leaves me feeling slightly over my arms and definitely “on” rather than in the bike, my yeti is a little longer in vtt (its the small not extra small) but that’s running a 90mm stem (short 5 years ago!) so will continue to ride that but I like hardtails so need a replacement.
    fit is more important than brand or weight or colour (within reason) and so I guess I am looking for a long travel (140mm – 150mm type of thing) with a virtual tt of 23.5 inches (will be running 50mm stem), could go a few mms longer and if at all possible some standover (at 29 inches that’s a challenge) closest I have stood over is the orange crush 17inch (cant find a frame weight anywhere???) but would really prefer steel and would appreciate any ideas or also views from 650b crush owners? think I will go 650b on it so needs to have that option..2 final goods and bads from my time warp…..1×10 and 1×11 – thank the stars! always wanted a 1 x option soft enough for a “not hard enough for ss bloke like me) but real sadness that those fantastic mavic forks, the long travel upside downy ones cant be got any more…..buttery butter on a butter day ride, want some and wont be able to get any…sad.
    finally, at 48 this year and with my history, might not be worth going special handbuilt ti again but would consider it if it was a uk builder..i wanna see the whites of the eyes when I get measured this time if I go that route!! so suggestions please?
    (Stanton switchback looks good and is on my list for when it comes out) as a maybe…

emanuel
    Free Member

well I’m FROM the uk.
    anyway, http://revanchebikeco.wordpress.com/2014/04/25/enduro-27-5-flavour-or-is-that-650b-or-a-33mm-external-butted-essay/ building this next month.I’ll put it up when it’s finished.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘hardtail options for aliens’ is closed to new replies.