Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Hardtail in TVR – Surprisingly Practical Vehicle
  • PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

After many threads asking whether a bike fits into certain vehicles thought I would share this one.
    Took these earlier in the week when I dropped the car for off for it’s MOT (passed OK), put the bike together and cycled off.

maccruiskeen

You’re best keeping the bike in there all the time, given TVRs rep for reliability 😆

sharkattack

That’s the first fast car I ever experienced as an impressionable youth. Exciting stuff.

radoggair
    Free Member

judging by the size of your bike i’m impressed you fit in the car

PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

maccruiskeen, it does tend to stop every 250 miles. Only for fuel though. Bike would be useful if I’m too heavy on the throttle.

radoggair, bags of room, I’m 6’2″ and far taller people than be drive Chimaeras, plus you can take the roof off if you are mutant tall.

stox
    Free Member

You’re best keeping the bike in there all the time

. 🙂

Did you have to put the stem on the passenger seat?! 🙂

Northwind

Where are the handlebars? I’m assuming you had a trailer for the barends

PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

stox,
    no everything in the boot,
    saddle stem removed and in the boot.

handle bar stem turned round to fit on the right hand side.

PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

Northwind,

Handlebars turned round, you can’t see them but they are on the right, on the boot floor.
    Even the bar ends go it, ( yes they are rather large ).

chiefgrooveguru

The late Peter Wheeler (owner of TVR through that prime era) was 6’6″ so they fit tall people well!

hoodie
    Free Member

What tyres for tvr boot ?

simondbarnes

You should have left it in the boot so we weren’t subjected to such a hideous looking bike 🙁

spooky_b329

Is that a second crud card attached to the front?!

vorlich
    Free Member

My word.

PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

Simon,
    It’s the bike I use on rollers, lives in the shed most of the time.
    Surprised no-one has mentioned the massive slick tyre on the back yet, although hoodie came close !!

Spooky,
    Yes, attached by a star nut in the steerer tube. Works really well.

heihei

Ha ha – reminds me of the time when on gardening leave I drove 650 miles round Wales with my Kona Hei Hei in the boot of my Chimaera 450. I worked out you could wedge the roof section behind the seats , so most of the miles were done roof off too! Did 4 days of riding around Betws y Coed and Rhayader – happy times!

hmanchester
    Free Member

Thinly veiled TVR brag?

sbob
    Free Member

No man with a good car needs to be justified, but if you’re hooning around in a Tiv whilst giving the wife a Perodua Nippa to bimble about in, then I truly doff my hat in your direction, good sir. 8)

(Not sure it’s a Nippa, but you get the gist)

sbob
    Free Member

hmanchester – Member

Thinly veiled TVR brag?

Russia is ➡ way, communist. 😛

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

My hardtail used to fit in the boot of my Griffith, dead handy, although all the gear .. Change of clothes , Camelbak, etc took up room in the front.

PePPeR

Favourite TVR of the Peter Wheeler era, lovely colour too, bimbles off too autotrader to find a few prices out…

Northwind

More pics of car plz

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Hardtail in TVR – Surprisingly Practical Vehicle’ is closed to new replies.