Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Hardtail in Les Arcs?
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

hardcore hardtail for Les Arcs or full sus?

choice between 456 or 2006 S-Works Enduro basically.

ton

orange sub zero 4 yrs ago………….awesome… 8)

coolhandluke
    Free Member

10th July if you fancy it Tony?

Ewan
    Free Member

Full sus. Hard tail is entirely doable, but if you go hard you'll need to tape your hands up by the end of the week…(at least that's what happened to my mate pete, but he does go *very* fast!)

ton

vic, going next year.
    a mate is 50 so having a do there,
    and another mate might be guiding there, so it should be a god one.

i will be taking my nicolai……….if i still have it by then…. 😉

Haribo
    Free Member

puffs 😆

dialled love/hate alfine with revs at 115mm

nae botha apart from my hands falling apart with blisters 🙂

rs
    Free Member

just take the enduro, I could understand taking a hardtail if it was your only ride, but the enduro will clearly be a better bet, unless you plan on just mincing about in the village trying to look hard on your old fashioned bike 🙂

ton

a lot more control on a susser.
    some of the tracks around les arc are getting pretty beat up
    all the smooth virgin singletrack has now been violated by big rough downhill types……… 😉

stevomcd
    Free Member

Bring the Enduro, but don't listen to Ton – the singletrack round Sainte Foy is pristine! They can keep their chewed-up messes down the valley! :mrgreen:

ton

stevomcd
    tell him what it is like below les arc 1600 and below the funicular tho……… 😉

stevomcd
    Free Member

Aye, as I've often said, Black 8 is kind of my worst nightmare of what our local trails could turn into if they got that kind of traffic!

There's places where the trail bed has eroded down so far that you're riding in a 3ft deep trench full of boulders! That said, there's still some really nice, flowy sections on Black 8.

Totally serious about our trails though – we're actually 15mins or so drive up the valley from Les Arcs and our trails are EMPTY. We have 20minute+ descents that I've never seen another human being on, never mind another rider…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Hardtail in Les Arcs?’ is closed to new replies.