Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Hardtail Heaven and Hell (ride photos from yesterday)
  • stuartie_c
    Free Member

nevis_circuit

R1012341

R1012353

R1012354

R1012357

R1012400

R1012415

Slideshow here

Description here

Phew!

shinsplints

Looks rubbish – 😉

What was going on with the shoes – they giving you some hassle ?

duckers
    Free Member

That looks like a hell of a ride!! Got a gpx file for it?

cynic-al
    Free Member

This the 100-miler in MBUK years ago?

Think I took my shoes off for the river crossing 😀

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Not 100 miles – 74 kms, according to the GPS cynic-al. **** hard work nonetheless.

Duckers, I’ll see what the GPS has produced and email it to you (do Garmins produce GPX files?)

Shinsplints – shoes were drying out after the river crossing.
    🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ah,the short version 😉

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Aye, the short version. Too soft for the long ‘un (whatever it is)

Duckers, email on its way to you.

SC

househusband

Was that matching his and his Kinesis hardtails?

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Was that matching his and his Kinesis hardtails?

Yup, except that his is inexplicably faster than mine…

Dibbs
    Free Member

Duckers, I’ll see what the GPS has produced and email it to you (do Garmins produce GPX files?)

There should be a TCX file in the History folder on the 705, located somewhere like *:\Garmin\History\2009-04-18-08-48-29.tcx
    Where * is the drive letter of your Garmin Edge.

JamesD
    Free Member

Nice! Looks similar (but longer) to a route we did in 2007… in a lot less pleasant weather!

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Cheers Dibbs – solved the problem by downloading Sporttracks software.

James, good photos – where exactly is the last one? I’m wondering if it is the descent to Lairig Leacach bothy which seems to have been bulldozed for Argocats – disappointingly.

JamesD
    Free Member

stuartie_c – yep, I think that’s it – we reached it using a very techy singletrack climb (/carry!) after the river crossing. Bulldozed? Nooooooo! 🙁

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Fan-tas-tic stuff. I’d love to try that epic.

Sanny
    Free Member

Bulldozed? Bollox!!!!!!!! That’s not good. Why do they do that? Take a great trail and ruin it in the name of progress. Glen Kinglass is now off my list of rides as the singletrack after the slabs is no more. Just a wide, loose and dull Land Rover Track.

So would the route be better being done in reverse now? That way you could take in the sublime tech descents into Kinlochleven as well as a singletrack descent to Meanach Bothy.

Cheers

Sanny

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Yup Sanny – ‘fraid so! More than half of the descent to Lairig Leacach bothy is a **** Argocat track now (unless we missed a turn-off…?)

I think it would be better in reverse now because you’d get the better riding on the WHW from Lundavra to Glen Nevis, miss the fire-road climb up from Glen Nevis (the flip side is that you’d have to climb up the Lairig Leacach) and then the trail to Meanach will be a cracking downhill. Also the ride from the Puggy Line down the River Cour is really nice and mellow.

And, as you said, you have a pick of at least 3 brilliant finishes from Loch Eilde Mor.

Clockwise probably best!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Hardtail Heaven and Hell (ride photos from yesterday)’ is closed to new replies.