Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hardtail frames with 44mm or 1.5" head tube and 142×12 rear
  • andyl
    Free Member

Got a set of unused 140mm Fox 32’s with a 1.5″ steerer sat here and wondering if I can put them to some use.

650b, 142×12 axle, lightish and a middle ground trailish head angle (not race, not hard core).

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Genesis Latitude?

batman11
    Free Member

2016 orange crush 44mm
    And a ripper.

RichieBoy
    Free Member
    andyl
    Free Member

hmm, slim pickings so far but all look like good frames and did also see the new Mmmmbop and a Nukeproof but maybe a bit too hardcore. Some good ideas though. Am thinking more something that is last years stock and on clearance but not having much luck. Did spot a 2015 genesis latitude on sale for a bargain but it turned out to be a 29er 🙁 This years 2016 is a tapered head tube.

BillOddie

Chromag Wideangle?

Wideangle

benpinnick

If you can get a headset that will work for a 44mm headtube then surely most tapered headtubes are fair game too?

andyl
    Free Member

Depends on the taper. My C456 will take a 44mm spec upper up (externally) but some tapered head tubes use an old style 1 1/8th headset (look at the 2016 genesis).

Chromag has lots of nice features but £550 for a frame..ouch. This is a spare bike for my friends to use when they come to stay as i have all the bits lying round from other bikes (OEM bits so not worth much).

FactoryPhil

Would you be interested in a 2 month old medium frame from one of these, have forks, wheels and some other parts available too.

http://www.saracen.co.uk/bikes/mountain/trail/mantra/mantra-trail

Phil

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hardtail frames with 44mm or 1.5" head tube and 142×12 rear’ is closed to new replies.