Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hardtail for 800-1000
  • geoffj

I have a mate who has is heart set on a Whyte 805.
    It’ll be used for green / blue type routes, possibly with a child seat attached.

I’d be tempted to look at a specialized or genesis, but any bargains about worth considering.

br
    Free Member

If attaching a child seat I’d probably look at a steel frame.

Mantastic
    Free Member

Cannondale f1 caffeine 2008? Nice one at my house for £750

kits
    Free Member

hello mantastic you have any pics for the cannondale?has it got lefty front?wanting one quick,cheers

Dickyboy

Looks like pretty good spec for the money http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=75087

stevewhyte
    Free Member

I have a whyte 805 and love it, great bike.

Wife wants it and she will have the child seat attached, no issues with this on her current bike which has an Alu frame.

I upgraded the forks to SID and the wheels to Mavic Cross Trails

Kind of dont want to give it to the wife now.

😆

Mantastic
    Free Member

@kits It does indeed have lefty front, no photos to hand but can take some tomorrow and email them to you. My email address in profile if you want to send me yours. I can the send you pics. Where in the country are you? Me in west midlands

Kits just noted your wanted add, this one is an xl bit big for you I guess?

seosamh77
    Free Member

I’ve a core 40. Only issue I have is that brakes aren’t the best. I’m guessing they’ll be the first thing I upgrade once i break them, which i probably will. Could just be iffy pads on the front mind you. Ill adjust my opinion when i replace the pads. They aren’t bad, just not as powerful as my old code 5s. But then again I am a fat ****! Everything else about it is superb though. I got a good deal just before Xmas, 800 quid. I bounce it around red/easy black rotes no bother.

On another note I had to ride my old avalanche expert today and the difference is unbelieveable, the genesis is so much more lively.

ojom
    Free Member

I am struggling to look past the Merida 29’r at £649. Has mounts for a rack so you can swing a wee seat on.

Yep – it’s 29 but for general riding it’s a go-er.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hardtail for 800-1000’ is closed to new replies.