• This topic has 167 replies, 108 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by anc.
Viewing 8 posts - 161 through 168 (of 168 total)
  • Hardest Trail you have ever ridden
  • D0NK

ANC this bit going up the valley so top to bottom in the link. Awful, boggy wet grass with big rocks in it, technical, thrutchy, stop, start stuff, bloody hard to get into a pedalling rythmn. The sort of stuff that is a challenge in short sections but there’s 2 miles of this! Might be fun coming down but it was ‘orrible going up.

OK after a dry spell it may be a LOT easier to ride and more fun but when I did it (last summer)….yuk!

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

I’m with Donk, but now I feel pathetic, so will have to go for another go. Easter?

anc
    Free Member

What you’ve done is go up the bridleway all the way. The first half is cr@p and sapping. If you take the fp up the right side of the valley half way that’s totally rideable. Then you cross onto the bridleway on The left of the valley directly below Cam crag(kink in river) the bridleway is excellent from there on, a great challenge and totally doable. Think I managed to get to the foot of stake with a couple of dabs.. 😉

jedi

clown shoes- schleyer are my faves at whistler when i went. i prefer the rest of bc for riding 🙂

parkedtiger
    Free Member

If you take the fp up the right side of the valley half way that’s totally rideable. Then you cross onto the bridleway

…it’s much more fun that side, and you just cross the beck when you get to the bridge. Another 100 metres and you’re at the foot of the pass.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

We crossed over somewhere around Smithymire Island, should we have cross further up, Blackmoss Pot perhaps?

I think there was an element of being absolutely bolloxed about it as well, it had been a tough day to get there.

Have you ridden up Greenup Gill or turned right at the bottom of Stockley Bridge descent to get back up to Angle Tarn?

anc
    Free Member

Paul you’ll not be doing much riding up either of them Greenup edge is mainly a carry With bits of riding Grains gill will be rideable for a few hundred metres then a carry all the way to sprinkling, rest is rideable.

anc
    Free Member

Just checked the map its the bridleway from smithy to the bridge, the cross to the rightside at Johnny House. Up the valLey to Blackmoss Pot then cross there to the leftside then the last 1km to the foot of the pass great little section and totally doable.

Viewing 8 posts - 161 through 168 (of 168 total)

The topic ‘Hardest Trail you have ever ridden’ is closed to new replies.