Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Hardcore Hardtail Sizing
  • RichieBoy
    Free Member

I’ve been looking at a Genesis Alpitude- the problem is they only come in a 16.5 and 18.5 frames…
    I was interested to find out what sizes people ride in similair bikes… BFe, DMR, Santa Cruz Cham etc. I’m 5ft 9 and reckon i could just about get away with a 16.5 for all round riding (the genesis is quite long)

Rickos
    Free Member

Defo go for the 16.5.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

I would say the 16.5 will be spot on. I am 6ft 2 and ride a 16inch NS Society with a pretty short TT!!!! Been thinking about the 18.5 alpitude myself…

firestarter
    Free Member

i used to ride an inbred the 100mm one at 18inch and just got the new 456 with 140mm up front and got the 16 as 18 was too big . im 5 9 ish so id go for the 16.5 if i were you

RichieBoy
    Free Member

Thanks guys. Firestarter i saw your 456 on here yesterday it looks sweet! Does it pedal ok uphill?

firestarter
    Free Member

cheers . yes it climbs sound mate . i thought it might need the forks dropping for climbs thats why i fitted the talas ones to it but not needed at all . very happy with it 😉

carlphillips
    Free Member

5’10” and ride a 16″ 456 this fits and rides very very nice, ive just taken delivery of a med 17″ PA so should be interesting to see how the extra 1/2″ on the TT will affect the ride.

GavinB

I’m 6’3″ and ride a large (18″) BFe with a 50mm stem – go as small as you can dare yourself to. They’re not about ‘all-day comfort’, they’re about hooning down stuff – so have fun (and go small)

aw
    Free Member

I am only 5 10 with 31 inch inside leg and I found 16′” too small.

An 18′ frame fits me perfectly!

RichieBoy
    Free Member

AW- do you have one? Any pics?

takisawa2

16.5 would be a perfect fit.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Hardcore Hardtail Sizing’ is closed to new replies.