Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Hardcore Hardtail… Lyriks or Revelations
  • Superficial
    Free Member

I’d definitely go for new revs over old pikes. What the revs lose in pure chassis stiffness, they gain with much better damping (I had the rct 3 version). I had a couple of sets of old pikes and I think they’re over -rated by today’s standards. FWIW I’m around 80kg.

I’ve never had Lyrics so can’t comment on that. New pikes are the obvious elephant in the room…

Euro
    Free Member

Sure it depends on how heavy you are, how you ride and the terrain but any 32mm for i’ve used felt unpleasant at anything above 120mm. My old u-turn Revs make a really good dirt jump fork when lowered to 80-90 but my newer Revs and Floats – both at 150mm – just didn’t inspire confidence when pushed. They were never going to break under me but that’s not the point.

They were fine for 70% of the riding i do, but that other 30% is the important number. Confidence in the front end is everything for me and i didn’t get it when i needed it with longer 32mm forks.

jam-bo

lyrik solo airs dropped to 140mm work well on my crush.

chakaping
    Free Member

I had revs on my old surge.

Worked OK but they did become the limiting factor in some situations.

At your weight I’d say go for something more burly. Possibly a fox 36 talas.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Hardcore Hardtail… Lyriks or Revelations’ is closed to new replies.