Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Hard wearing tubeless road tyres?
  • pixelmix
    Free Member

Been running a set of Hutchinson Sector 28 tyres on the singlespeed commuter over the winter. They have done the best part of 2000 miles and are looking a bit worn. A portion of that has been off road on gravelly paths etc., so they are holding up okay.

Before I order another set, is anything else ticking similar boxes?

I run Schwalbe tubeless tyres on the good road bike, but suspect that they would cut up too easily for this type of riding.

crazybaboon

Hutchinson Intensives are much harder wearing, but don’t ride any where as nice as the Sectors.
    I’ll be trying a pair of schwable one tubeless 28 as my next tyres.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback. I did really like the Sectors, but given that this is a commuter/winter bike, something more durable probably makes sense. If they are terrible, I’ll switch back to Sectors next time. My Sectors are looking pretty poor after 6 months and 1,600 miles.

Going for Schwalbe Ones at 25c for the fast road bike now too. I suspect that they might cut up more easily in winter on gritty roads, but I’d be delighted if I’m proven wrong.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I’ve run both the Sectors and Ones (in 28) on the commuter. I started with the sectors and thought they were okay – tough and rode fine. This included offroad adventures too. But they definitely lacked grip in the wet/cold. So when the rear wore out I fitted a One instead. I figured I’d take a hit on wear to get more grip. The outcome was sort of like that – they do grip better but they’ve worn pretty well too, so I’m happy to replace the front with another One soon.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, if Conti got their German finger out of their proverbial, they’d clear up the commuter market with a tubeless GP4Season.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Hard wearing tubeless road tyres?’ is closed to new replies.