Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Hard wearing / Durable Tyres
  • handybendyhendo
    Free Member

I have HD’s on the bike at the mo…..great tyre. Buy seem to wear the tread off in 9-12 months.

This normal-ish or are there some better options out there for riding Peaks?

I have SG on the rear and trailstar on the front….

Cheers,
    Mark

boxelder

A year is pretty good. were you not riding in the Peak pre disc brakes, when your wheels rims only last a year?
    I’d go Pacestar on the rear for more durability (is SG not trailstar compound on a beefed up casing?)
    Harder, less grippy compounds last longer – it’s a trade off.
    When you’re rear tyre is worn, switch front to rear and new on the front (compound differences aside)

Northwind

HDs are fast wearers for sure… Well, not just that they wear fast, it’s also that they lose grip faster than most as they wear. Conti tends to be longer lived than competitors, for equivalent grip levels, it’s kind of uncanny how well my Barons have lasted. Clever rubber.

(@boxelder, SG is just the carcass, you can get a pacestar SG. Or you could at least- might be discontinued from the looks of it)

handybendyhendo
    Free Member

Cheers.

Been riding 5yrs this Autumn so only had disc brakes!

Was trying to work out the play off…..and wondering if Vertstar was soft and thus harder wearing as it will ‘give’ more…..The SG (super gravity) were purchased as kept splitting tyre wall…..the SG has fixed this weakness in my riding (still working on clumsiness though)

Will prob stick with SG but wondering on magic Mary or Dirty Dans……..or not Schwalbe at all??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Hard wearing / Durable Tyres’ is closed to new replies.