Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • hard tail trippple clamps?!
  • joemetcalfm
    Free Member

right i have a heap of bits kicking about and im thinking of building a hard tail with a 170mm triple clamp fork. i know the dmr exalt and the cove stiffee can take them. who knows of another? cheers joe x

mk1fan
    Free Member

The Stiffee can't take 170mm forks. Max is 150mm with an a-c of 540mm (according to the spec sheets).

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

crap your right. only a 150! thats a bummer. thats one off the list. the old one only took a 130!

bassspine
    Free Member

20mm? slide the clamps down the legs?

julianwilson
    Free Member

one of my favourite ever 'bike crimes' was parked outside tesco metro a few years ago: an 01/02 Spesh hardrock (the one that had stiffee-type square tubes and looks, but geometry for 100mm fork) with junior t's on it. Rad!

There was I think a banshee/mythic made a couple of years ago that came with triple clamps on it.

I think its also an issue of leverage from the top crown as well as the travel, I am sure that in years past there were frames that were warrantied for a certain axle to crown fork length but not necessarily for dual crown forks.

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

eye though of that but the idea was for a down hill hard tail so i wanted to keep the travel. the exalt is looking like the one. and its not very spendy. any one know of another?

ton

brodie holeshot can take 170mm
    someone on here had one for sale.

PJ266
    Free Member

Banshee morphine.
    Evil imperial.
    Nicolai 2mxtb.

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

all those look good but im trying to do it on a shoe string so maybe not. i will keep my eyes peeled for the nicolai always wanted one of them.

jobbyheid
    Free Member

I used to have a surly instigator with a dodgy pair of nitromorzed marzocchis of some type on it..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘hard tail trippple clamps?!’ is closed to new replies.