Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • hard tail or full sus? Which one do you take to the trail?
  • roundwheels
    Free Member

‘prone to failure’. On my Intense

this i have to agree with you on this simon i have/had the same problem with my 5.5 changing bushes(x2) and replacing shock bolts (X3)but when she working she great

roundwheels
    Free Member

:oops:excuse the cave man talk

jam-bo

changing shock bushing is a five minute job, if that. hardly a major price to pay.

i ride what I have, hardtails can be fun but bounce is funner.

depends if you just grind/plod along or like to play around…

DezB
    Free Member

full sussers are not required in the UK – well for uplift days but thats about it

LOL! There had to be one! 😆

Black runs/Red/blu – what are these?

the_lecht_rocks

richc – laggan black is perfectly manageable on a LT HT with decent tyres, and a good 130mm+ fork.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I wonder whether I could manage the black route at Laggan on my FS. Don’t think I’d contemplate it on my HT!

yoshimi

LOL! There had to be one!

I was hoping for much more of an attack than that 😉

crazy-legs

Either/or, doesn’t bother me. Neither one is better, just different. If I know the trails are going to be muddy then usually the HT, fewer moving parts to wear out.

matt_outandabout

I have one bike, so that one gets taken out for a ride.

fullbouncebill
    Free Member

Oringsta

I can sympathise with you on your back condition,I also suffer with back pain,but not as bad as you,I can get away with a Hardtail but I do prefer my meta 5.2 (2007) for its comfort factor.

I use the Full sus for the mountains,and am trying to be selective! on the hilly/rocky stuff with the Hardtail (Hummer)Great on the trail centres though,and I think thats where I will be using it the most.

trailmonkey

More often than not, I ride my FS because it means I can go faster than I can on my HT.
    There are some places that I ride where I prefer my HT though.

chakaping
    Free Member

Whichever one I fancy riding or haven’t dismantled.

You can ride most stuff on most bikes, you just have to ride it differently.

And that’s the fun of it.

giddyrob
    Free Member

the hardtail is locked up in the shed back in the uk so no chance of getting on that till I come back in the summer. Shame as some of the trails in NZ are through native bush where there is literally just enough room for the bars, which are a hell of a lot wider on the fs.

Interesting thoughts though guys, just need to buy a vehicle big enough for both so I can choose when I get to the trails. Whatever the weather I will be removing that shimano xt tat from the rear of the hardtail and getting the sram x9 bobbed on!

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘hard tail or full sus? Which one do you take to the trail?’ is closed to new replies.