Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Hard tail choice….opinions please
  • DrP

I’m currently on holiday in Turkey, though my rootdown has just arrived at work ready to be built up when I get back…

Currently I have everything on a pinnacle ramin frame which, actually, is great as a ht to match the 130mm forks..but fancied something a bit more ‘special’..
    If you’re interested in the ramin grange I’d do it for £90 posted?

DrP

mindmap3
    Free Member

I was a big fan of my steel Switchback. The new ones should be even better now they come with a longer reach (I prefer riding my Mk II Ti in long over the MK I that was stolen).

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

If you’re going to go slack then go the whole hog

(Warning: Turn volume down all of the way. More if possible)

[video]https://youtu.be/vlgtut4d_Ow[/video]

superstu
    Free Member

Don’t understand some of the comments here, so to add my opinion…

I have a 45650b. Great frame and will do all you want. However, having just ordered a Bird Aeris and ridden other friends bikes I find the reach too short. Also has a high front end which combined makes it quite an upright bike. Good for some things not others. As I use a hardtail a lot I have decided to switch to a pinnacle Iroko as I picked up a frame very cheaply. Has around 2inches (from memory) additional reach, which at 6.3 will make it far nicer to ride up hill flat or down.

I appreciate slacker isn’t always better (particularly on hardtails) but a bit of extra reach is good in my opinion. The 45650b isn’t as long as my 1989 Saracen Tufftrax, albeit that has a 130mm stem!

crashrash

Whyte 905 or any in that range as the frame is the same. Great geometry and it really shows when you ride it. The Bird looks great but I have not dared go up there for fear of another n+1 discussion with the Mrs! I love the Cotic stuff as well and they are also jolly nice chaps. The on -one stuff is fine but sizing seems off – I am 6’2″ and feel they are a bit short so defo size up if you go that way.

plyphon – Member
    Check this new chap from Meridas

Eurgh – looks like a HT that wishes it was a FS

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Hard tail choice….opinions please’ is closed to new replies.