Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • hard and short or long and slow
  • froggy67
    Free Member

I seem to live in a hole! Riding from home every option I have means that I have to start by going up a hill, the only option I have is to either go for the short steep version or the longer less steep one.
    Over the last few years a combination of ageing, worsening asthma and muscular issues with my diaphragm mean that hills are my number one enemy. Currently I am favouring the short steep option due to the “get it over and done with” feeling.
    I wonder what others preferences are: short and steep or long and slow?

Rubber_Buccaneer

I used to be the same and prefered to go short and steep. Good for fitness and I felt I’d done the worst of the work. At least your rides always end with a downhill, I’d not want it the other way around.

lunge

If go for the longer one and use it as a warm up though I guess it does depend on how short/long the options are.

bikeneil
    Free Member

hills are my number one enemy

Electric bike?

rOcKeTdOg

At least every ride finishes with a DH, imagine living at the top knowing there’s a climb at the end of every single ride

grilla
    Free Member

At least every ride finishes with a DH, imagine living at the top knowing there’s a climb at the end of every single ride

^^This is me. More or less anywhere I ride ends up with a steep climb, still no risk on flooding.

scaredypants

Takes me 3 or 4 miles just to get my knees and ankles to stop clicking & hurting, so gradual climb for me

cruzcampo
    Free Member

About 10 minutes into my ride I have these sort of options, usually always pick the hard and steep, gives me a higher suffer score and better for long term fitness working in high heart rate zones.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘hard and short or long and slow’ is closed to new replies.