Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Happy New Hightower Day
  • yorkycsl
    Free Member

Santa got here in the end with a shiny new Hightower frame.

A large box arrived with a Red Hightower CC frame.

A collection of parts started a few months ago but I had a XX1 crank & a few other bits.

2016 XT brakes with Ice tech discs, 2016 Pike RCT3 150mm forks
    XX1 crank which I had from another build, matching shifter & Ouch… new cassette & chain.

Santa Cruz Carbon bars & 40mm Easton Stem, a new 150 drop Reverb Stem.
    Joystick saddle, Wheels currently Hope Hubs on KOM rims however these will be a winter set up as a shiny new pair of M60’s are on there way.
    All protected with a invisi kit.

First venture into 29er tyres & it’s a WTB vigilante up front & a rock razor on the rear but different tyres will be going on the Enves

The steerer tube is still to be cut & as soon as I get comfortable with bar height it’ll be cut.

Heading out on it this week for a gentle bedding in ride really looking forward to enjoying it.
    There’s a pictures are on PB under the same user name if anyone wants to have a look.

pipiom
    Free Member

Hmmpffk!!!! mine’s now arrived yet. I’m putting 12 speed SRAM that’s going to be end May/early June.

Work in progress pics please

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cant see how you find a user on pinkbike, can you link please? interested to see it!

chakaping
    Free Member

Quick tutorial for you OP.

1. Look at your pic on PB.
    2. Right click and “save image location”.
    3. In this thread, click the “IMG” button and CTRL-V to paste in the image location.
    4. Send post and we can all admire your shiny new bike.

z1ppy

poor form.. (not at least linking) 😉

yorkycsl
    Free Member

Opps no linky but thanks to Z1ppy for saving the day & posting pics

Further reports when I’ve enjoyed it & hopefully not binned

Cheers

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

sweety plums

hooli

Garage floor paint could use a tidy up

mtbfix

Stickers left on the rotors? I’m out!

chakaping
    Free Member

The amount of red is well judged.

Don’t add any more though.

bennyboy1
    Free Member

Enjoy! I’ve been lusting after a Hightower since they were released and happened to see my first one at the Afan trail centre workshop over the weekend, it looked incredible.

My purchasing plans have been somewhat scrambled by the release of the TB3 this week though as the TB3 29er with a 140mm fork would likely better suit my local riding.

dgb1
    Free Member

Nice, enjoy it! You might want to sort out the front brake hose routing though.

pipiom
    Free Member

I’ll be in bother: I’ve introduced a bit more red (and some blue) but I’ve got form.

rOcKeTdOg

What size is that frame? Looks tiny.

tom.nash

Not InvisiFramed? It’s keeping my 5010 looking new 😀

timmys

Looks great currently, will be a shame to spoil it with nobber rims.

yorkycsl
    Free Member

Size is large & I’m 6ft it feels longer than our current V2 Bronson & that’s with a 40mm stem.

Invisi went on before I laid a spanner on it.

As for the Nobber rims timmy it was a choice made by finances as I was going for Rovals but got the new Enve’s at £1100 for a complete pair on DT24os hubs which is the cheapest I’ve ever seen, long story short, shop bought them for a customer & backed out so I knicked them.

First time I’ve owned pikes, is the front hose run wrong ? inside?

jolmes
    Free Member

More aesthetically pleasing on the inside, and less likely to get caught on a branch or other objects.

Very tidy looking bike 🙂 perfect amount of red.

Houns

Valves/logos

hexhamstu
    Free Member

First time I’ve owned pikes, is the front hose run wrong ? inside?

Yes! Get it down the inside!

timmys

As for the Nobber rims timmy it was a choice made by finances as I was going for Rovals but got the new Enve’s at £1100 for a complete pair on DT24os hubs which is the cheapest I’ve ever seen, long story short, shop bought them for a customer & backed out so I knicked them.

Fair play. Hope they don’t get damaged or you’ll be paying more via their crash replacement policy than you did in the first place!

yorkycsl
    Free Member

Front brake hose re routed correctly & much better, re ran the shifter cable longer / lower down the frame tempted, to cut 10mm of the bars to 770mm so all looking good for a wee test ride tomorrow at a snowy Dalby.

yorkycsl
    Free Member

Yesterday was the first real ride on the Hightower & what a revelation.

I thought the V2 Bronson was pretty good & much improved over the first version but I’m completely sold on the wagon wheeler.

The suspension is plush yet supportive and the grip levels are very impressive with a Vigilante up front and a Rockrazor rear playing on of piste descents in Dalby.

The bike feels very composed, stable yet snappy & it just wants to go faster, I set it up the same as the Bronson same Easton 40mm stem & 800mm Santa Cruz Carbon bars (now 780)to minimize any big changes from the Bronson which will now start to gather dust.

Completely sold on it, what a amazing bike, if your considering one go for it, you won’t regret it.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Did your mates evil survive?

jruk
    Free Member

Very nice. If you have any issues with the brakes, check the little silver sticker on the bottom of the levers. The ones you want should have NK as the last two letters. Mine pumped up badly but sorted under warranty and changed to the latest batch of levers.

pipiom
    Free Member

Still waiting for Nextie rims and SRAM 12 speed (frustrated emoticon)

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Classy build! If I hadn’t already got a new bike before Christmas I’d be seriously looking at a Hightower (or Jeffsy). Rode a 29er Enduro for a few Days in Madeira and was impressed with what it could handle.

yorkycsl
    Free Member

dirtyrider,

Mates evil is running fine a great bike.
    What amazed me was how easy it was to go faster of pistes on steep fast descents through the trees, the bike flicks and turns very well, mate rode it & couldn’t believe it was so good.

Brakes are fine no issues with pump but I’ll keep a eye out for that.
    Just mulling over some more tyres with stronger side walls for the lakes, stake pass & descend to stockley bridge tomorrow.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Happy New Hightower Day’ is closed to new replies.