Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • Happy new bike day to me…
  • honourablegeorge

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR – Member

I’m guessing the people that moan about this bike being short have short legs/long torso. It’s not a short bike by any means

It’s short relative to some newer bikes, but not short versus the likes of the Enduro, etc.

Trimix
    Free Member

I’m 5 foot 11, I tried several mediums out and they felt way too short.

Trimix
    Free Member

I would take a picture of mine but I’m still lining up logos and tiding up the garden 🙂

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

£2900 – not quite as good value as the Pro Race model with Fox and lots more carbon for a grand more, but still not bad VFM

stonking value I would say

teamslug
    Free Member

Don’t leave it there if you put the fire on!!!.

6079smithw
    Free Member

Not bad for a small wheeled bike

Not bad for a small wheeled bike

Why would you want clown wheels on a bike like that? 😉

Trimix
    Free Member

Are you not going to flip the levers round then ?

I flipped mine so the front brake was on the right, thereby putting the dropper remote on the left, under the bars.

Yeah, done that Trimix

patriotpro
    Free Member

Lovely bike OP, in fact i’m after the very same, well maybe the yellow one so as not to copy but anyway…I imagine it’s a monster on the descneds but what’s concerning me is how it would be on the climbs? I.e too cramped or roomy enough? PS – How long did delivery take form ordering? cheers

patriotpro
    Free Member

Trimix – Member
    I’m 5 foot 11, I tried several mediums out and they felt way too short.

How are you getting on with it? Size-wise? Roomy enough??

patriotpro – only had one ride on it so far – took me a while to get the Lyriks and Monarch dialed anywhere near I like, but seemed OK towards the end – took 6 seconds off my PB on a 1 min 30s descent – as rough one at that. Think I need a play with some tokens though.

Climbing wise, got a few PB’s too, only really struggled on one climb, going from my previous 3×9 to 1×11. The only limiting factor was my legs/lungs – other than that, it climbs really well. I don’t find it cramped at all, but I think it suits my long legs/short torso.

Took 5 working days from YT receiving payment to being delivered.

Put some stealth decals on my forks, but ordered the wrong one for the shock and still waiting for the ones for the wheels…

patriotpro
    Free Member

Nice one, cheers for the feedback. It looks sooooo nice btw 🙂

Trimix
    Free Member

@ patriotpro

Fits really well. Roomy enough and yet tight enough to hustle round the twistys.

I set the suspension up as per the manual and that’s all I did adjustment wise so far.

It absolutely demolished everything I threw at it in the FoD. The back end didn’t seem to notice the large roots I powered over, gripped like a refugee halfway over the border fence. The front copped with my catastrophic landings like they were millimetres wrong not feet wrong.

I took off on one jump and smacked right into the face of the next one – which would have normally ended up with your balls on the stem or cracked ribs on the bars, but it ate it up and didn’t buck me off. It’s like it smoothed it out. It almost asks for more like a fully paid Thai hooker.

It gives you a massive dollop of confidence which is where the brakes start to show off. I was doing jumps into berms and could slow it down easily. The new HR 2’s seem to grip better. But the new 36’s are completely different to the old ones on the Transition. It’s like a different fork altogether. Best brakes I’ve ever squeezed.

Also the weight is about the same as the Scott Spark I have for XC fun. (I have the CF Pro Race with the carbon rims) When you pick both up, one in each hand you can’t tell with one is heavier. Riding the YT up hill was easy – I cleared the techy rooty climbs easily. One the long steep smooth ones it basically felt like the Scott, but without the suspension locked out. If you sprint up you can tell it’s got nearly 7 inches of travel, but it doesn’t wallow. (I reckon I can even dial out that with a tweak of low speed compression, but haven’t fiddled yet)

So, the short review is: “Sell everything you own and buy one”

It’s like living in a mountain bike advert where you can ride everything like a pro.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Email marked as ‘Paid’ from YT yesterday, would be great if it came before this weekend, but no need really as I could do with spending a day getting some bikes ready to sell….

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Put some stealth decals on my forks, but ordered the wrong one for the shock and still waiting for the ones for the wheels…

Which one did you order STR?

For the shock? I ordered them for a Monarch Plus, not a Monarch Plus HV

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Glad I asked, as I was about to make the same mistake! Didn’t realise there was a difference.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Can’t see them on the slik website STR, Where did you get em from?

No, got mine from invisiframe. My wheel decals are coming custom made from Slik though

The goat with its stealth forks – need to get the rest done asap…

johnw1984
    Free Member

I’ll say it again, such a cool looking bike!

I fancy some of those stealth graphics for my Yari, I’ve always liked how they look.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Cheers for the reply Trimix, sounds like you love the thing! Just to organise my finances and order. Just another quicky on the delivery…Is €60 all in for delivery or €60 plus €20 for the cardboard they send it in? cheers

honourablegeorge

Maxxis decals must be KILLING you

Haha, yeah they are – got some Spesh tires to put on when I can get those bloody things off the rims

Trimix
    Free Member

patriotpro, I think its €20 for the box on top. Its actually a very good box to be fair. If you ever need to take the bike abroad, or send it back it will be essential, so worth the small cost.

Now I’ve ridden the bike, the cost of shipping and a box are so irrelevant I’m almost laughing 🙂

The equivalent cost of a similar spec bike from a LBS would be around the 6k to 7k mark. You could buy two and keep one as a spare !

patriotpro
    Free Member

Trimix, if the box is genuinely reuseable then not 3 bad. Reckon i’ll butter my mother up to store it for me, either that or let the kids use as a playpen…:)

paulneenan76
    Free Member

So the stealth graphics for the Atari came from Invisiframe? Easy to put on? Did they just go over what was already there? Did you put any 3M or whatever over the top to protect or is hard wearing enough do you think?

Atari? Yeah they did. I peeled the existing ones off first with the aid of a hairdryer and applied these with a baby shampoo/water mix. They seem tough enough, but I have some fork protection from invisiframe to fit

mindmap3
    Free Member

Trimix, if the box is genuinely reuseable then not 3 bad. Reckon i’ll butter my mother up to store it for me, either that or let the kids use as a playpen…:)

Retiring the Spesh then?

Trimix
    Free Member

So……………..what is your mother like when buttered up ?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

STR, did you use the soapy water to get the decals in position, then squeegee the water out like you would installing invisiframe?.

grum
    Free Member

Nice that, nearly as nice as mine:

Seriously though, it’s an amazing bike, you’ll love it, mine is very similar spec I think. The marketing hype was true IMO: climbs like a trail bike and descends like a DH bike. Those Lyriks are unbelievably good.

Enjoy!

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Atari? Spell check gone nuts.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Retiring the Spesh then?

Yes! It has served me well but i’m well overdue something new. Have a buyer for the Pitch too…

No beer – yes I did mate.

grum – nowhere near as nice 😉

Seems pretty good so far, just need to get some rides in. Stuck down south for tomorrow night’s group ride 🙁

I’ve done around 80 miles on the Capra now and WOW, what an amazing bike!

Climbs really well, descends very quickly and pops off anything and everything – gives you a grin all the time. I’m finishing Strava sections and thinking it wasn’t very fast, upload and have a load of PB’s.

It doesn’t feel like a smash and grab type of bike either – whereas the Enduro would smash it’s way through stuff, this likes to be ‘ridden’, almost feeling like having the liveliness of an XC bike, with the rock munching ability of a DH bike. Large is a perfect fit for me and really easy to move around on and get off the back.

Highly recommended – believe the hype!

Oh and for anyone whose got one, if you think your legs are struggling – get rid of the god awful HR II’s. I swapped for Butcher/Purgatory and it transformed the ride

grum
    Free Member

Ace glad you are enjoying it. It’s banging innit. 🙂

It doesn’t feel like a smash and grab type of bike either – whereas the Enduro would smash it’s way through stuff, this likes to be ‘ridden’, almost feeling like having the liveliness of an XC bike, with the rock munching ability of a DH bike.

Yup.

Fitted my e-thirteen stealth decals – just the shock to do now…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/HbS7df]2016-05-20_12-35-13[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/HecgEa]2016-05-20_12-33-54[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘Happy new bike day to me…’ is closed to new replies.