Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Happy in your own company?
  • Coyote
    Free Member

I’m sure that there a few on here more than capable of falling out with themselves in the absence of others…

For my part, yes I am more than happy in my own company. This is probably a good thing being that I am “between roles” at the moment. I must admit that as I’ve gotten older I find that I don’t quite crave company the same as I used to do. I’m more than happy with a good book or working out solo at the gym. If I am in company then I prefer a smaller gathering. A lot of the time I can’t really be bothered. Family gatherings used to be fun but now consist of the same recycled conversations.

ourmaninthenorth

I’ve had enough Myers Briggs assessments through work to understand where I sit on the (supposed) introvert/extrovert scale.

I also know that my desire for company or solitude varies down to the activity and other factors.

So, although I’ve been very happy in my relationship for the last 21 years and with our daughter, there are times when I do just want to be left alone.

I work best in a team – and certainly think best when kicking ideas around with others – but there are plenty of times when I’m happy to crack on by myself and don’t want the hindrance of others. Sadly when you’re leading others that can be a challenge…!

When I rode bikes, I loved being in a club and the camaraderie of club rides or racing together. But outside training rides, I came to prefer to ride alone. The solitude was always very calming.

A solo pizza and a couple of pub stop-offs sounds as ideal as a meal with friends and family.

Jamie
    Free Member

OP’s post just reads as normal behaviour.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Rockape63
    Free Member

If we were all the same it would be a boring world!

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Happy in your own company?’ is closed to new replies.