Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Happy Cycling
  • uplink
    Free Member

well that's 3 minutes I'll never get back

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

is it like happy slapping with rocks ?

MrAgreeable

It's a nice enough tune, but I doubt it will displace "Bicycle Race" as the first port of call for lazy TV editors.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Boards of Canada were introduced to me by some man on the radio as unbelievably amazing and super. I was a bit underwhelmed. There's clearly something that I'm simply not getting. Ah well. 🙂

MrAgreeable

Boards of Canada were introduced to me by some man on the radio as unbelievably amazing and super. I was a bit underwhelmed.

Perhaps he needed to say "here's some droney out of tune wibble that students might like, as long as they're not female". Managing expectations, and all that. 🙂

traildog
    Free Member

I love Boards of Canada and I'm no longer a student but I'm male. Happy cycling is hardly their best track though. Was it done as part of a Peel session?
    3 minutes you'll never get back? Well, you can say that about ever moment of your life. At least you've educated yourself a little in those 3 minutes and know not to buy that track if you don't like it. Still, good job sitting through 3 minutes of music that you don't like when you don't have to!

MrAgreeable

I happen to quite like BoC and I did once meet a girl who raved about how good they were live. It's just music though, getting defensive about it doesn't change the fact that most people won't be swept away by it.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Agree that happy cycling ain't their best tune. But don't write them off yet, the albums Geogaddi and Music Has The Right To Children are both classics. The opening bars of Geogaddi was the first tune of their's i heard, and it was love – it's warm, blurry and cosy and immediately comfortable, but interesting enough to f*** with your brains. Music by numbers and all the better for it. They have past their peak now though and may even have split/drifted away/doing other projects. What's next?

uplink
    Free Member

3 minutes you'll never get back? Well, you can say that about ever moment of your life. At least you've educated yourself a little in those 3 minutes and know not to buy that track if you don't like it. Still, good job sitting through 3 minutes of music that you don't like when you don't have to!

Indeed but TBH – I didn't realise it was a music vid until about 2 minutes in so fortunately I only got to hear the last 30 seconds or so

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Happy Cycling’ is closed to new replies.