Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Happiness is …..
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

…a new wheelbarrow.

I gathered up some field stones to build a border to a path. Transporting the biggest ones to the site trashed my old barrow. The bucket was twisted and rusted and the bolts to the chassis ripped through. It has seen several repairs and a retro fitted puncture proof tyre. I even used duct tape for grips to fend off the cold in winter. Alas, it’s wheeled its last load.

I nipped over to the wholesaler and picked up a couple of new French barrows. Bigger in volume with ergonomic grips and a new fangled metric sized wheel. They will hold water when it rains too.

These must be the fourth and fifth barrows I’ve bought in a lifetime. I wonder if I will need any more.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

What size wheels?

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Is this another wheel size thread in disguise?

wwaswas

there’s some sort of wheelbarrowy n+1 thing going on here, isn’t there?

Bunnyhop

I think you should fill the old one up with compost and plant either, fruit, flowers or vegetables.

pondo

Does it do skids?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

What size wheels?

I didn’t check the actual dimensions but they appeared bigger than my old last a lifetime puncture proof tyre. I anticipate barrow leg strikes on rooty paths, increased bar to ground height at rest and all manner of incompatibility if I switch them.

There is a certain elegance to the rise of the new barrow’s bars.

Good call Bunnyhop.

Cougar

You could turn it into a model of a Cumbrian town.

Simply chuck it in your log burner and hey! Barrow-in-furnace.

RustySpanner

Put it in the back of a Transit and turn it into a small town in Lancashire:

Sorry.

boblo
    Free Member

I’ve got one of those and it lives in, errr, France. Mine is ghetto tubeless though as it punctured on some thorns. A few CC’s of jizz (Copydex) later and it’s been reet.

DezB
    Free Member

Builders who built the extension in my last house nicked my lovely shiny new wheelbarrow and left me with a battered rusty concrete encrusted old thing. I quite like its manly ruggedness though.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Laydeeez an gennulmen……i give you……..the green barrow displaaayyy team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Happiness is …..’ is closed to new replies.