Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Hans Dampf – Tubeless. How easy :-)
  • mactheknife

Front tyre – Bontrager XR4 was looking kinda worn so as its Sunday and i have absolutely nothing else to do i thought it was time to fit the Hans Dampf i have had in the cupboard for a while.

So out come the tools in preparation of an epic, but in 5 minutes flat the Bonty was off, the Schwalbe was on and holding air like nobodies business.

Inflated with no need for any fairy liquid, popped onto the bead like a dream and held air straight away.

Now what for the rest of the day?? Beer? ok then 🙂

mindmap3
    Free Member

I know, I was pretty surprised when I fitted mine (first time fitting tubeless thread too).

Looking forward to getting out and giving them a whirl.

Superficial
    Free Member

Yep, that’s been my experience with all the Schwalbe ‘Tubeless Ready’ tyres. Fantastic.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Very easy

daveh
    Free Member

Same for me, does that mean it won’t be so easy with the rubber queens I need to do? 🙁

robarnold
    Free Member

Agreed. As long as the likes of Bike Discount keep doing them for such a good price,I won’t be running anything else. The ultimate do it all tyre

P20

I had a similar experience installing a Nobby Nic. I was expecting a battle that didn’t happen. I was almost disappointed after psyching myself up

gravity-slave
    Free Member

My non ust Rubber Queens rode well, gripped well but were awful to get setup tubeless, very porous sidewalls took a couple of months to stop developing leaking pinholes and needed topping up mid ride. Once sealed were OK then the sidewalls wore out.

Hans Dampf straight up with a track pump and hardly need topping up for months. Fantastic tyres, impressed so far.

dibboid
    Free Member

My rubber queen non ust went straight up too with a track pump on bonty skinny rims, but as previous person said, very porous walls and you could see it bubbling away. Be generous with the stans fluid (1.5 scoops high volume) and a bit of shaking about and you should nail it. They’re more reluctant to “pop” than the rq. Mines held their pressure for over a week now without any loss.

Northwind

One of the 2 tyres I couldn’t get onto the beads was a Schwalbe tubeless ready- even with a tube and 100psi it wouldn’t go on my 819s or flows. But it seems like they’ve sorted themselves out now.

grum
    Free Member

Had a similar experience recently with a Spesh 2bliss S Works Captain on Flows. Went straight up with a track pump – barely had to put any effort in at all.

chris_db
    Free Member

What Rob said!

matther01
    Free Member

Inflated like nothing on Earth, but we’re a real pain in the arse to seat on a 28mm rim properly…60psi and gt 85 did the trick eventually.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Hans Dampf – Tubeless. How easy :-)’ is closed to new replies.