Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Hans Dampf
  • bruceonabike
    Free Member

What is the difference between HD evo and HD Performance? Price difference is significant but are they basically the same tire?

sofaboy73
    Free Member

Different rubber compounds. iirc the performance are cheaper a with a hard compound affording little grip. with schwable tyres I usually go for a pace star compound on the rear and the tackier trail star on the front

jambalaya
    Free Member

^^ thats my understanding, I have the same combination – seem good to me

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jamj1974

^^ Another as above. I use a Magif Mary on the front and a Hans Dampf on the back.

fifeandy
    Free Member

I dont ride that aggressively, pacestar on the front paired with rock razor on the back suiting me well.

Wouldn’t use the performance compound.

bruceonabike
    Free Member

Thanks guys, that’s cleared that up.

duncancallum

Bikediscount.De do a pair for good money

trusty

So is the performance compound harder than a pacestar? Thinking it might be ok as a back tyre

warpcow
    Free Member

Schwalbe Performance is the equivalent of Conti’s cheap rubber, which is probably also the same stuff they make hockey pucks out of. They’re hateful things.

momo

I’ve got a performance HD in the garage, bought from eBay and they sent the wrong tyre, tried it out and quickly realised that it was terrible! No grip whatsoever and also doesn’t seem to be tubeless ready, sidewalks leaked sealant like mad and wouldn’t stay inflated.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

As above harder rubber, also performance are not tubeless ready (weather anyone got them to work tubeless is another matter)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Hans Dampf’ is closed to new replies.