• This topic has 30 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by hora.
Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Hangover cures
  • hora
    Free Member

Ok, I STILL have a hangover from Sat night and feel alittle unsteady (dizzy) on my feet. What can I buy/drink to help?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Box of glucose powder, lob in a few spoonfuls and get a good greasy meal down your neck. Only thing that sorts me out. My hangovers stem from dehydration and plummeting blood sugar, the liquid and sugar boost me until the proper food comes in and maintains my energy levels.

bumley
    Free Member

Hora – Its only Monday, if you’re anything like me, you’ve got the pleasure of this till at least Wednesday!! And people wonder why I don’t get proper pissed anymore!?!?!?!?

thomthumb
    Free Member

fags and fanta (must be draft or from a can; absolutely no plastic bottles)

shame i gave up smoking!

bruneep

Irn Bru and a mars bar.

zokes
    Free Member

Beer

Haze

KFC

Or what Zokes said ^

chakaping
    Free Member

Soluble co-codamol.

And go for a ride.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

follow my example hora.
    i never get hangovers. ever.

hora
    Free Member

I only ever get these types of hangovers when I didnt eat anything on the night. Idiot/FAIL. FFS.

Harry_the_Spider

Diet Coke + ready salted crisps (must be Walkers).

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i never get them.
    ha.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Hora, you had half a shandy again, then?

What a ponce.

jimmy

only ever get these types of hangovers when I didnt eat anything on the night. Idiot/FAIL. FFS.

Ooooh they’re the worst. Normally I don’t take drugs but i feel your pain – reach for nurofen and McD’s supersized.

hora
    Free Member

xherbivorex many many atime have I woken up with a hangover next to a stunner (ok sometimes next to pigs but hey). So on that basis, long may heavy night continue!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Resolve. Rehydration salts, painkillers and antacid in one go.

zaskar
    Free Member

Shouldn’t take that long to recover.

Maybe he’s damaged his liver and shortened his lifespan?

Just kidding get a good nights rest tonight.

MTFU too.

hora
    Free Member

Zaskar, probably true TBH. Drinking on an empty stomach is a big no-no for your health.

pk-ripper
    Free Member

xherbivorex many many atime have I woken up with a hangover next to a stunner (ok sometimes next to pigs but hey). So on that basis, long may heavy night continue!

posters don’t count.

montylikesbeer

After saturday nights mickey mouse mountaineering club dinner a hearty breakfast at the tan hill in followed by wretching outside after consuming said breakfast worked wonders !

bdunx
    Free Member

bit of MTFU?

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

get a energy gel down you and a good meal and then crack open another tin of your preffered alchol beverage.

singletrackmind

Load of twoddle.
    Being a bit of an expert in hagovers ( we call it product evaluation) I have some really good hangover remedies.
    To start with take 2 Ibuprofen , 2 Multivits and 2 pints of Squash before you go to bed. You will have to get up 3 times to go to the bathroom, but thats a good thing.
    Next morning do not lie there thinking you are dying. You are not. Your body will have nicked the fluid from aroun your brain to flush the poison ( alcohol) out of your bloodstream, so now your brain is bouncing around inside your skull. Drink more water / Juice. Try to eat sensible food like a huge smoothie, followed by scrambled eggs on toast.
    Shower / Shave etc more Ibuprofen plus multi vit tablet.
    Then try to do something outdoors , even a hike / bike ride/ surf etc will bring you back to normal , if you can get past the first 20 mins on your bike you will be OK. Take gels as they contain salts which will help too.
    For some more off the wall, but tried and tested , by me, cures. MAcdonalds Strawberry Milk shakes
    Calipo Orange flavour ice creams
    Bananas on toast
    Afternoon power nap ( 15mins max)

Alternativly stop drinking about 1 hour before the pub shuts and switch to soft drinks. Your blood alcohol will peak 20 mins or so after you stop anyway .

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

Then try to do something outdoors , even a hike / bike ride/ surf etc

having thrown up in the lineup, on the sand, behind rocks and generally still fely shite on the beach more than once i beg to differ with the surf option.

but, the very top no no with a hangover is snowboarding first thing in the morning on frozen pisted snow! i can still clearly remember the pain in the back of my head as the board rattled over the hard as rock corugated surface from that unfortunate experience some 15yrs ago!

crikey
    Free Member

If you are anything like the drunks I normally see at work, 10 mls of Propofol an hour, 1-2 mls of Alfentanil an hour, 125 mls of Hartmanns, all for six hours, then quick extubation after 100g of Paracetamol IV.

They invariably wake up well enough to suggest that I leave them alone in a way not suitable for a public forum.

hora
    Free Member

I feel better now (phew). I read somewhere about the link between an increase in exercise-induced heart attacks in middle aged men from drinking/exercising. Apperently the blood is ‘thicker'(?) the morning after a heavy session?

**** that.

oomidamon

I’ve recently discovered Berrocca – one of those in a pint of water first thing in the morning after works wonders.

steve-g
    Free Member

Ginger beer, gives you a days worth of sugar all in one go and settles your stomach, then a bacon sandwich for some energy and salt.

Job Done

BlingBling
    Free Member

Pint of Ribena before you go to bed (if you can fit it in) and you’ll never have a hangover again.

Lactic
    Free Member

Crikey
    Nice recipe, but you forgot the 72 hrs of Parvolex and then a liver transplant after 100g of IV paracetamol.

hora
    Free Member

Pint of Ribena before you go to bed? You all realise that like a Goldfish, once on a mission everything is being washed down with Vodka, Rum or JD? i.e. its seen as a mixer 🙄

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Hangover cures’ is closed to new replies.